• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

why did we sign kelly johnson? he's pitiful. braves out in front early tho, 1-0.

Pretty sure Simmons has hurt himself sliding head first before and it is only a matter of time before he breaks an ankle. He gets down soooo late.

Ehh. Still not a fan of him.

I get that. He's just a fill in for this crap season anyway. 5-1 now after the sac bunt. We need to figure out a way for the games to be on in Boston more often. I haven't seen us lose yet.

Throwing at Andrelton because of that slide is complete bush league.

why did we sign kelly johnson? he's pitiful. braves out in front early tho, 1-0.

I was a big fan of Johnson when he came up, but he did not have as good a career as I expected. He can play a few positions and can hopefully be part of a productive platoon. That is optimistic, but it is not like the Braves had better options coming out of spring training.

My favorite Kelly Johnson factoid was that he started his career like 0 for 40 or something crazy like that. Do you all remember that?

0-27 I believe, and it was just classic Bobby. Just said that he would keep running him out there because he was hitting the ball hard.

Also, KJ is currently second on the team in OPS.

Seems to me that Kelly Johnson is a perfect bench player. Can play every position. Can hit. Doesn't make much money. He's hit 2 big HRs in a week. Not sure what there is not to like about the guy.

Yep. But no one fear. The game is on MLB Network so I am able to watch. Guaranteed W.

Back