• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Rumor is Callaspo plus minor leaguers for Uribe plus a minor leaguer. Always get a kick out of it when the guys can just switch dugouts after being traded.

Don't understand the point of this deal, but hard to get too worked up about it.

Rumor is Callaspo plus minor leaguers for Uribe plus a minor leaguer. Always get a kick out of it when the guys can just switch dugouts after being traded.

Yes! The dude takes Donkey Hacks

Back on. He has waived his right to reject the deal. I'm a bit confused about this with CJ back by Thursday.

Getting Uribe and Withrow. Giving up Callaspo, Stults, Ian Thomas, and Juan Jaime. Withrow is supposed to be the big get in this but is recovering from TJ.

Roger (Greenville, SC): Do you see the Braves going over their international bonus pool this July 2? I’ve seen them linked to 2 players that combined could be about as much as they can trade for.

Ben Badler: I do think they will be in the market to trade for additional pool space, based on the players I’ve heard them strongly connected to. The bigger things I’m hearing on Atlanta is they want to go big—I mean, BIG—on international spending in 2016. Like, what the Yankees did last year kind of big. Given how many teams are going to be facing signing restrictions in 2016 for going over their pools, I’m a big proponent of that strategy.

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread: Embracing the suck in a savage NL East

Just based on all their moves over the past 7 months, it definitely feels like they plan to go very big on the international market next year.

Peraza has been playing CF in Gwinnett. I guess that means the Braves don't see Peterson losing his job. I wonder what they think about Mallex Smith, CF in AA, though. The guy is hitting .338/.395/.416 in AA with 16 steals.

We appear to be the Cubs talking about "next year" and international prospects during the off season.

Peraza has been playing CF in Gwinnett. I guess that means the Braves don't see Peterson losing his job. I wonder what they think about Mallex Smith, CF in AA, though. The guy is hitting .338/.395/.416 in AA with 16 steals.
I think there is some concern about his ability to handle center but he's had a terrific year so far.

Back