• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

I doubt they fire Freddy for losing with this squad. I think he stays into the "good years", which scares me.

Unfortunately this is correct. If Fredi were going to be canned, it would have been last season. No way he gets booted with this squad, even with a record of 50-112. He's here for the long haul. :(

I like being able to imagine Jack Bauer's character posting frowny-faces on sports message boards about Fredi Gonzalez.

I wonder if Chef Bobby Flay has an opinion about the Braves.

Funny you should ask. I think the best case scenario is something like what we saw out of the New York Metropolitans last season- an above-average pitching staff with woeful plate appearances. With any luck, no one gets seriously injured and we're one year closer to 2017.

I get to see my first spring training game on Saturday! So excited!

Good luck trying to cancel your season tickets though.

Official. Cahill could be a nice buy low if last season was an outlier.

The nice part about sucking is that I don't have to care about moves like this. If Cahill sucks, he sucks. No big deal.

Good move. Cahill for $5.5M and the competitive balance pick alone hopefully turns out better than Elander.

#Twins RHP Ervin Santana suspended 80-games by MLB for Stanozolol use.
4:34 PM - 3 Apr 2015

Back