• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

What up with this trade? Don't mind losing BJ, but Kimbrel?

What up with this trade? Don't mind losing BJ, but Kimbrel?

Should be just the opposite. If we're going to suck anyway, then trading Kimbrel and keeping BJ makes the most sense. Wonder if Braves could've gotten a better haul if they just traded Kimbrel and didn't unload Melvin with him.

Oh shit, I thought it was just for prospects and draft picks. Didn't see that Carlos Quentin and Cameron Maybin were coming over too.

Wow.

Should be just the opposite. If we're going to suck anyway, then trading Kimbrel and keeping BJ makes the most sense. Wonder if Braves could've gotten a better haul if they just traded Kimbrel and didn't unload Melvin with him.

Oh shit, I thought it was just for prospects and draft picks. Didn't see that Carlos Quentin and Cameron Maybin were coming over too.

Wow.

No matter what you tell me, I can never justify watching a 15 million dollar bat walk to the plate to bat .200, no matter how bad we are.

Yeah...I'm mixed. Would love to know what we could have gotten for Kimbrel without BJ...but getting rid of all of BJs contract is nice. Quentin is only signed thru this year, maybin thru 2016 (and for not much). Opinions are mixed in Wisler, but sme prospect guys really like him.

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 2m2 minutes ago

The Padres will be responsible for all of the $46.3 million Upton is owed over the final three years of his contract.

I understand trading Kimbrel, really, I do... but I still hate it. I love to watch him play.

For the first time, it's hard to get excited about this season. The team has maybe one guy that I feel an actual sports love for: Freeman.

I understand trading Kimbrel, really, I do... but I still hate it. I love to watch him play.

For the first time, it's hard to get excited about this season. The team has maybe one guy that I feel an actual sports love for: Freeman.

Don't forget Simmons

Yep. I completely understand it. What's the point of having the best closer in all of baseball when you're expecting to suck for a few years? I hate it, too, but I am okay with it because we got ourselves completely rid of Melvin. In the end, I expect us to come out ahead. Wisler is a top 70 prospect. I don't know much about the bat we received but we also got a high draft pick in #41.

y'all gonna love this trade when kimbrels getting an MRI in june

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread: Embracing the suck in a savage NL East

I think trading Kimbrel was the right move because Braves won't be competitive for a couple years at least and there is a real chance he is not as effective by then and is owed a good amount of money. The only question is whether it was good to tether Melvin to him or not.

I hope he stays healthy though. Will be pulling for the Pads in the west.

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread: Embracing the suck in a savage NL East

Getting rid of BJ means the team should have plenty of money next offseason to sign a young, marquee FA like Jason Heyward.

Back