• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

gotcha, thanks. I know this past draft Atlanta went under slot with the high pick in order to go high later. didn't know how far up that went.

2016 Atlanta Braves Thread: Dansby comin'

I mean, the Phillies supposedly picked their dude in part because he would be a little less expensive, so they could spread out their draft pool a bit more, but there also wasn't a consensus best player in this draft. May not be next year either. Definitely doesn't seem like there's a Strasburg or Harper. But these days, if there is such a talent, I don't think a team would pass over him with the #1 pick, as teams occasionally did in the past.

Braves Twitter made it sound like they were trying to have him avoid Greinke. Kinda weird, but whatever.

Braves Twitter made it sound like they were trying to have him avoid Greinke. Kinda weird, but whatever.

It's more likely that they want to keep him under 140 PAs so that he can be counted as a rookie next season. Also the not making him face really good pitchers right off the bat, Scherzer last week Greinke tonight.

We traded Frenchy in a 3 team deal to Miami. Gave up IFA money, which is an encouraging sign for this organisation. Just additional tax dollars to acquire young talent.

Not sure if Callis and Mayo put out the best prospect list but they absolutely do the best job of regularly updating throughout the season, especially once guys graduate or are traded. Anyway, Maitan and Soroka just got bumped up to slots 99 and 100.

Blaire has shown absolutely nothing in the bigs. He doesn't throw as hard as he was billed and his sinker isn't working half the time. One of the biggest disappointments of the season, although none of the upper minors starters has really seized their opportunity. Really hope Folty and Wisler can finish strong.

Swanson got another day off.

No, not really. Coppy said finding a manager and catcher were top offseason priorities just last week.

It looks like it is going to be really difficult to hold off Minnesota for the number 1 pick.

Dang - a week ago it looked like we had that on lock. Didn't realize the Twins had last 10 straight. Jesus. Have some pride, you Twin dickheads!

My son is going to the braves game tonight - he's excited, but he's a Marlins/Yankees (don't ask) fan, my dad is trying to convert him

I hope we can figure out a way to improve without trading Inciarte in the offseason. He's had a great second half and is really fun in the field. Could be a little smarter on the base paths.

Back