• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

The question is can they lose 100? I can't help it if your team is the Buffalo Bills of baseball while my team has won 11 World Series titles!
What is the point in you posting on this thread? General douchiness, trying to improve your self esteem, or what? Every fucking year you show your ass in the braves thread.. Why not just start a cards thread and leave this one alone?

Prospect Victor Reyes to Arizona for 75th pick in this year's draft to complete the Cahill trade. Now have 7 of first 100 picks.

Will be really interesting to see if they change the draft approach from the past several years, away from "signability" picks. I assume they will be more aggressive looking for high ceilings, although with that many early picks I suppose there will have to be a couple of signability picks among them.

The question is can they lose 100? I can't help it if your team is the Buffalo Bills of baseball while my team has won 11 World Series titles!

The answer is that your team also resides in a POS has-been rust-belt town that has also won Crappiest Hoosier Cesspool Trying To Pass As A Real City, 7 out of the last 9 years. Cleveland stole the title twice.

Signability is not as much of an issue as it was, because every team has a spending cap/pool.

The problem was when teams were allowed to go over "slot" to sign a guy, but the Braves refused to do it. Now, the rules are such that you can't draft some tough sign everyone is scared of in like the 3rd round and offer him a huge signing bonus like the Yankees/Red Sox etc used to do.

This is actually bad for the Braves, as it would be great to use the money we save on BJ these next two years and throw big bonuses at tough signs and international guys, but the rules now prevent that. So, that money just gets added to LM's bottom line!

Signability is not as much of an issue as it was, because every team has a spending cap/pool.

The problem was when teams were allowed to go over "slot" to sign a guy, but the Braves refused to do it. Now, the rules are such that you can't draft some tough sign everyone is scared of in like the 3rd round and offer him a huge signing bonus like the Yankees/Red Sox etc used to do.

This is actually bad for the Braves, as it would be great to use the money we save on BJ these next two years and throw big bonuses at tough signs and international guys, but the rules now prevent that. So, that money just gets added to LM's bottom line!

you can still do that, but you'll get penalized eventually. you can re-allocate those savings in to the draft and ifas one year with out big consequences.

Wood gets himself out of a no out, bases loaded jam unscathed.

you can still do that, but you'll get penalized eventually. you can re-allocate those savings in to the draft and ifas one year with out big consequences.

Got it, thanks. Hopefully they do it this year.

Back