• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Barring a candidate coming from out of the blue, the candidates for next year will be (in no order) Pendleton, Perez, Mark Derosa, and Bud Black.

Javy Lopez with Perez managing every 5th day.

Every few games I watch a guy like Aybar or d'Arnaud get a 2 out hit and I'm like oh well at least we'll turn the lineup over but then a Daniel Castro or Reid Brignac walks to the plate in the 8 hole.

Every few games I watch a guy like Aybar or d'Arnaud get a 2 out hit and I'm like oh well at least we'll turn the lineup over but then a Daniel Castro or Reid Brignac walks to the plate in the 8 hole.

I still can't believe Aybar has a gold glove & all-star appearance on his resume.

On 4/24/2016, I texted my brother, "braves should’ve dealt teheran before last season. dude sucks now." Since then (not including tonight), Julio has lowered his ERA by nearly 2.5 runs, has thrown 26 innings, allowed 17 hits, walked 9 batters, and has struck out 27 guys. I guess my text also got sent to Teheran.

a66f7a4cb9cfb02d90f263942237ea0f.jpg

But really it is more about the money and added flexibility to grab another top talent or two at 40/44.

Not sure why we immediately DFA'd him. He could have actually been useful and we are paying him anyway.

Not sure why we immediately DFA'd him. He could have actually been useful and we are paying him anyway.

I doubt anybody will claim him, then we can send him to AAA to figure his stuff out. No reason for a guy with a 12.00 ERA and 3.00 WHIP to take up a place in our bullpen.

Julio with 7 innings of 1 run ball, 3 hits, 12 Ks, no walks. ERA now down to 2.57.

Bud Norris has also turned it around since being moved to the pen. In 13.2 innings since being moved, he has only allowed 2 runs, both earned.

I jinxed Norris.

Keith Law has Dansby at #11 and Ozzie at #17 on his updated top 25.

Back