• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

It's gotta be a matter of time before we see Ozzie in Atlanta. Dude is hitting .370/.433/.519 against players that are nearly 5 years older than him. What else does he have to prove?

It's gotta be a matter of time before we see Ozzie in Atlanta. Dude is hitting .370/.433/.519 against players that are nearly 5 years older than him. What else does he have to prove?
I think it's looking increasingly likely they break camp with him next year although I'd still rather play service games for the 7th year of control. He jumped advanced and we're only a month into his season.

Swanson on the other hand needs to be promoted to see better pitching.

And at some point we need to consider not lifting our pitchers with 80 pitches for pinch hitters who clearly aren't going to do anything.

Don't see any reason at all to rush Albies. Let him develop and hope that Aybar turns it around so he can be traded later in the season.

I think it's looking increasingly likely they break camp with him next year although I'd still rather play service games for the 7th year of control. He jumped advanced and we're only a month into his season.

Swanson on the other hand needs to be promoted to see better pitching.

any idea which one will move to 2B?

any idea which one will move to 2B?

My bet is that Swanson is the one that sticks at SS, as he seems to have the better arm, however not by much. Honestly, I don't think the organization itself even knows the answer to that question yet, although once they are at the same level (likely Swanson going up to AA), then that decision will have to be made.

My bet is that Swanson is the one that sticks at SS, as he seems to have the better arm, however not by much. Honestly, I don't think the organization itself even knows the answer to that question yet, although once they are at the same level (likely Swanson going up to AA), then that decision will have to be made.

I think Swanson could be the one to move to 2B. For most of his college career he played there. Scouts tend to give Ozzie the better arm, too. MLB.com gives Ozzie a 60 while Dansby gets a 55.

Fair enough, don't know why I thiught Dansby was the higher rated arm, guess just from watching ST this year. You could definitely be right about Dansby at 2B though, I forgot he did that for a while at Vandy. As long as both are hitting for Atlanta, I really don't care though.

I think most assume Swanson at SS, Albies at 2B simply because Swanson is bigger.

If I had to guess Albies will be SS and Dansby will be 2b. Dansby played most of his career at Vandy at 2b and because he is bigger. Scouts love the smaller, quicker players at SS and 2b has become more of a hitting position with bigger and bigger players playing 2b. I think Dansby will be able to focus on his offense more while playing 2b.

Small sample size alert, but Soroka looks like he could be the real deal. 61 innings in his career, 66 Ks, 54 hits, and only 8 walks.

As long as these decisions aren't being made because the major league product stinks.

Julio spun a gem today against the Cubs. We squeaked out a win in 10. Yesterday, Ozzie went 0-3 in his AAA debut & Dansby went 2-3 in AA with a homer.

The real question is whether Ozzie and Dansby will be in the majors before Fredi is no longer managing for the Braves. My guess is that Fredi will never see June 1st as the Braves' manager.

Folty getting the start tonight. Norris bumped from the rotation.

Folty getting the start tonight. Norris bumped from the rotation.

How has he been doing in the minors? I feel like if he doesn't work out as a starter, he could be a nasty closer with his velo m

Back