• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

DOB on the Twitter has said multiple times that the Braves will not re-sign Heyward.

Was just looking at the roster and schedule of the Single A Carolina Mudcats, which is now affiliated with the Braves. They have Lucas Sims, as well as Mallex Smith and Dustin Peterson (both acquired in J Upton deal). Hoping to catch a few games.

MLB has slotted Wisler and Paroubeck in at number 2 and 24 respectively.

After doing more research on Wisler, dude comes with a ton of mixed feelings from the prospect guys.

He's top 50 everywhere but Law I thought?

Yeah, that is right. (Or, everywhere major, FG, BP, BA, MLB).

One thing to remember is one of the top guys in our scouting/play dev department we hired away from SD, so he knows all these Padres prospects pretty well.

34-69 is really not a wide range. Other than the guys who are very clearly the top (Bryants and Buxtons of the world) deciding whether a guy is 34 or 69 is basically throwing darts.

DOB on the Twitter has said multiple times that the Braves will not re-sign Heyward.

He also said Kimbrel was untouchable.

Pretty depressing trade. I sort of feel bad for our young core, which I guess is only Freddie Andy and Julio at this point?

Also sort of feel bad for JUp, BJ is following him around like an albatross at this point.

Last edited:
He also said Kimbrel was untouchable.

Very true. FWIW, I also kind of think DOB is an idiot. But, that said, re: Kimbrel it always seemed like he was relaying what he was being told by management (like the Iraqi PR guy), whereas in the case of re-signing Heyward, it seems like that is a more of his informed opinion.

Also, since Heyward was the very first move, it would have required pretty goddamn impressive forethought and shrewdness by Hart and Co to pull that move with the expectation that we re-sign Heyward after blowing up the entire fucking ship. I mean, that would be some Dr. Evil level planning.

Heyward is going to get something like 7/175 or maybe even 7/200 from someone...we just are not (and quite frankly, cannot), afford to pay that much.

If you think DOB is an idiot, try D. Orlando Ledbetter, the AJC Falcons beat writer. That guy can't even write a 200 word blog post without 3 typos. And he just published a mock draft with the Falcons taking Gurley at 8. Dan Quinn said a few weeks back that there is no way we would draft a RB at 8.

The AJC must be paying like 25K to these guys, nothing else would explain the level of moronics associated with their beat writers.

I've enjoyed following the Braves much more since I cut out DOB

David O'Brien @DOBrienAJC · 1h 1 hour ago
#Braves Opening Day lineup: Young CF, Peterson 2B, Markakis RF, Freeman 1B, Bethancourt C, KJohnson LF, Callaspo 3B, Simmons SS, Teheran P

Hooooooooo boy that is brutal.

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread: Embracing the suck in a savage NL East

This is going to be the worst Braves team since I was 2... I guess a quarter century run isn't too shabby though.

Bethancourt is hitting 5th? Woah. Sort of puts things in perspective right there.

For reference later in the year:

01-784.png

God, do I really want to buy MLB.TV this season to watch this team? Look at that lineup. I'm interested to see Jace Peterson, and that's about it.

Back