• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Your Mudcats got no hit last night, Say Hey. It's nice to have interesting guys at every level.

I think I'm going on Sunday. Lucas Sims is pitching tonight, so sucks that I'll miss him. Mallex Smith got assigned to AA Mississippi, so position player talent is pretty scarce on the Mudcats. They have Dustin Peterson, whom they picked up from the Padres in the J Upton trade. They also have Jose Brinceno, the catcher they got from Colorado for David Hale, and Johan Camargo, a SS, who are the Braves' #22 and 23 prospects, respectively. Seems like, at least for now, the Mudcats are the most uninteresting of the Braves' farm teams this year.

Agreed on Mudcats being the least exciting. Other three are pretty stacked. AAA is stacked with Perza, Folty, Wisler, and Banuelos. Ruiz had a good first game at AA last night with 2 doubles. Handy list (at least for now) of where all our prospects start the season. Also, Talking Chop does a really nice minor league recap each day which makes it easy to track how guys are doing.

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/articl...aves-top-30-prospects-are-starting-the-season

At least next year the Mudcats will presumably have Davidson and Albies.

Growing up my dad would take me to Mudcats games when we went to visit my grandparents in Spring Hope. I need to get back to a game.

Growing up my dad would take me to Mudcats games when we went to visit my grandparents in Spring Hope. I need to get back to a game.

It's a nice place to catch a game. Once upon a time, the Mudcats were more popular than the Durham Bulls.

Supposedly, the Mudcats have upgraded their video board ala Wake to one of the largest in the area.

Just read the Keith Law top 50 draft prospects so far and he apparently thinks the draft sucks at the top. Hope the Bravos find the right guys with all those picks.

Small sample size alert but this is from DOB: #Braves relievers have 21 strikeouts with four hits and three walks in 15 scoreless innings for the season.

Back