• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

od3MPfO.jpg

I had some friends at the Yankee-Stros game last night who said that some Yankee fans started booing their own players and leaving after the sixth inning. Them losing the WC game is the next best thing to them not making the playoffs at all.

Besides the '06 NLCS debacle, I don't have anything against the Cards, but these playoffs will be a lot more exciting if it's packed with teams who haven't won it all for 22+ years.

Yankees have lost their last 5 playoff games.

I had some friends at the Yankee-Stros game last night who said that some Yankee fans started booing their own players and leaving after the sixth inning. Them losing the WC game is the next best thing to them not making the playoffs at all.

Besides the '06 NLCS debacle, I don't have anything against the Cards, but these playoffs will be a lot more exciting if it's packed with teams who haven't won it all for 22+ years.

Gardner got booed pretty heavily after his third k and when he came up in the 8th.

the yankees team looked like shit. needed a-rod to carry the load.

Also, Mookie Betts will be in the World Series....... of bowling, in Reno, NV. Apparently he was a state champion bowler in HS.

The Yankees have problems. Unlike other teams that can suck for a few years, pick up premium prospects through the draft and/or trading away current MLB talent for future MLB talent, the Yankees feel like they have to go for it every year, and they are now an old team with mediocre talent. The Yankees have some decent young talent (Severino, Betances, Bird), but they are not close to the elite of the game in young future stars. Guessing that the Yankees will again sign a premium free agent or two, but again, that will only make the Yankees competitive, but not elite.

Severino seems like a good bet to be better than decent. OF Aaron Judge and SS Jorge Mateo are top 25 prospects who give them some additional hope to improve the roster internally.

Severino seems like a good bet to be better than decent. OF Aaron Judge and SS Jorge Mateo are top 25 prospects who give them some additional hope to improve the roster internally.

Not to parse, but I didn't say Severino was "decent", but stated that the collective young talent in the Yankees farm system is decent. Will be interesting to see the organizational talent rankings this offseason, but I suspect that while the Yankees farm talent has improved (would be impossible to not improve from "god awful"), the Yankees are not among the best in MLB in organizational talent, largely because they refuse to go into rebuilding mode, but instead are stuck in mediocre to slightly better than mediocre mode.

The Yankees have problems. Unlike other teams that can suck for a few years, pick up premium prospects through the draft and/or trading away current MLB talent for future MLB talent, the Yankees feel like they have to go for it every year, and they are now an old team with mediocre talent. The Yankees have some decent young talent (Severino, Betances, Bird), but they are not close to the elite of the game in young future stars. Guessing that the Yankees will again sign a premium free agent or two, but again, that will only make the Yankees competitive, but not elite.

They're probably going to be happy idling on the FA market until they can give Giancarlo money to Harper.

got a free work ticket for game 1 in KC tomorrow night! woot

They could always go the Dodgers route and use their incredible spending power to relieve other teams of bad contracts in exchange for prospects.

There's also the international amateur market, where big money teams seem to continually pull in the biggest hauls.

So if Correa hadn't turned 21 a couple weeks ago, would the Astros have celebrated with Ginger Ale?

Mateo is slick, I watched him a few times with the Riverdogs this year

Back