• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Cubs bats finally come alive tonight. 11 runs on 17 hits will win most games. Bryant, Russell and Almora with three hits each.

Almora with another highlight reel catch and made another tough catch look easy. He covers a lot of real estate.

Hammel was outstanding in the first half of the season for three years. Good to see Anderson pitch decently last night.

The offense is struggling but the defense and pitching have enabled the team to win their first three series to start the season. Novel concept.

For five years I have read and heard about the defensive abilities of Albert Almora. If what I have seen this season and last season is what I can expect, he is a game changer.

You can't win all the series if you don't win the first three. Good start to the year with wins over the Cards and Dodgers, the most immediate threat in the Central, and possibly the NL respectively (although Washington may have something to say about the latter).

One of my favorite comments "Jaso leads the league in lost hats while chasing pop ups - he has a Michael Bolton look going on"

Our middle-relief needs work. Feels like the playoffs all over again in that respect. Unfortunately way more reliant on them right now

Arrieta and Lester left with leads - tough. Starters, outside of Kyle, looking good - gotta assume it will get better on the offensive end - lots of hits, and hard hits, just not a lot of bombs yet.

Last edited:
Cubs aren't getting the timely hits with runners in scoring position either. 25 for 110 with runners in scoring position is inflated by the eleven run outburst against Milwaukee. 17 for 81 in the other eleven games.

I went to the game at Wrigley Friday to see my Bucs. Cubs suck bad this year.

2ueo806.jpg

Last edited:
Things are so bad in Chicago they had Mike Glennon throw out the first pitch and the sing Take Me Out To the Ballgame.

Don't see a random '80s celebrity in the shot. Need further proof you were there

I hope you enjoyed yourselves, especially your children. I always looked forward to afternoon games at Wrigley growing up...a long time ago.

Last time I went to a day game, (several years ago) it wasn't nearly as crowded and the lines at the concession stands were manageable. Not so much last week. Great time though.

Back