• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Catcher Rene Rivera arrives from the Mets via waiver and Koji Uehara returns from the disabled list. Caratini and Zastryzny return to Iowa. Both are anticipated to return to Chicago in September when the roster expands. Caratini has looked good.

Was at the game today. Incredible atmosphere with tons of Blue Jays fans in the house.

Thought we had pissed the game away in the 9th when we wasted two on with no outs and then gave up 2 in the top of the 10th but the bottom of the 10th was fantastic. Great come back!

Schwarber did pinch hit today.

It was a beautiful day for baseball. Nice to take 2/3 in Milwaukee.

78ca5b6cb9c75cd4207e495bfae4dcc6.jpg

I had to do a double take on this picture. I used sit to in section 121 row 11 on the aisle at Miller Park about 8-10 times a year. I think the seats pictured are just one section over or you're in my old seat.

I was one of the 63 people in attendance tonight at great American - good game, Lackey looked terrible, he gave up 6 runs in 5 innings, and it should have been more - every pitch was hammered.

Scoring 13 runs with no home runs is interesting - fun to watch. Reds fans are great, they def embrace the suck.

Tommy LaStella needs to step up. Bryant's left hand puts him on a day to day basis and has been hurting since he damaged the little finger earlier this season. LaStella's play could allow Bryant to rest and mend. It's what top shelf bench players provide to their teams.

Whelp, Maddon left Stropy in too long - Single, Double, Walk - leaves him in, next batter doubles, Cubs now trail. Ugh.

Strop joined the large group of relievers with an ERA over four since the All Star break and has given up seven runs in his last four appearances. At the moment the only three options to get nine outs in a close game are Duensing, Edwards and Davis. Montgomery would make four but he's starting. The rest of the pen has been a disaster that will make a large lead small in a short period of time.

Just bought tix for final home series. Taking my oldest to his first mlb games.

Rough tradeoff losing a series to the Phillies while the Brewers go to Dodger Stadium and had LAD their first series loss in nearly three months.

We had a much easier sched than MIL down the stretch. That edge just got diminished quite a tad

A triple play will shift momentum. Add shaky defense immediately thereafter and you have a recipe for disaster. Need a win tomorrow to make it just another loss.

The redbirds and Brew-Crew are about to start a series. The Cubs know that one of their chasers will win at least two games; time to front-run like champs.

Oddly only a two-game series between MIL and StL. Will gladly take a split.

Yuge week for the Brewers hosting the Cards and then the Nats for four. Their toughest week left by far. If they survive this week I think they're in it for the duration

Can we untrade for Quintana?

10 runs in five innings ought to be enough support for him to get the W tonight.

Hendricks tomorrow against the Barves, and then the Brewers welcome the Nats in for a series. Let's GoNats.

Outscored the oppo by 90 in the second half after outscoring them by 0 in the first. Gaining steam!

Baez in particular has really raised his offensive game since the ASB. Never a dull moment with that cat. Not sure what he's doing exactly hair wise at the mo doe

Meanwhile Cubs-Nats seemingly inevitable. Cubs over 90 percent to win the Central and Nats at 100. Dodgers are 11.5 up on Nats with just over 30 games left

Q was effective after the first inning. Rivera looked good behind the plate. Apparently the game plan was for Quintana to pitch more aggressively rather than nibble at the edges and Rivera communicated the plan. Avila and Rivera are contributing defensively and offensively.

Back