• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN

Can't say I've really spent much time on Grantland the past few months. Was always a "lets see what simmons has to say" and then when done "okay, maybe I'll click on some of these other things"

It barely shows up in my Facebook feed now.

I caught some of the FS1 show after the WWC and it was like watching an SNL parody of 90s Sportscenter.

Not surprised at all he's headed to HBO. Provides him the freedom (and lack of censorship) that he seems to desperately crave.

I don't imagine this works out well for him or HBO, but we'll see. I guess he will write/podcast via a separate entity.

Article said he will do podcasts through HBO.

I believe that he is still under contract with ESPN through Sept maybe, so it might still be a while before we see anything new from him.

would they let a Disney employee do those?

You think Sal would actually do those without Bill? Simmons was the whole reason for Sal getting Sportscenter and Podcast time in the first place.

feel like he has been retweeting a lot of yahoo articles lately. Could be just anything but ESPN, but I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up writing for them

The podcasts will be there, but his contract with HBO does NOT include writing for their website. He is free to write for another website if he chooses.

Back