• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN

and here we have it

theringer.com newsletters starting next month written by Bill and others. Website material starts in late spring/summer

I know I listen to the BS report a helluva lot less now that he's not on ESPN. Doesn't help that this "soundcloud" junk links never work when I click on them.

I actually listen more, but that's probably more so due to it being football season. Easy with the Podcast app with iPhones

MTV News is looking to revive their music news/pop culture format and has hired Grantland founding editor Dan Fierman as well as former Grantland writers Alex Pappademas, Molly Lambert and Brian Phillips. Looking to go head to head with the likes of Vice and Buzzfeed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-11/mtv-news-is-back-with-veterans-from-grantland-to-take-on-vice

Holly Anderson is Director, Policy & News for MTV News now too. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Same here. Although I'm starting to fade as it becomes more and more NBA talk.

The NBA talk is really missing Zach Lowe. He brought the heavy inside knowledge to go with Simmons crazy trade machine lunacy and body language doctor shtick. It was a great balance. Joe House + Simmons is just two guys doing the same thing and it lacks the weight that Lowe brought.

Yeah outside of cousin sal, bill's friends are boring

The NBA talk is really missing Zach Lowe. He brought the heavy inside knowledge to go with Simmons crazy trade machine lunacy and body language doctor shtick. It was a great balance. Joe House + Simmons is just two guys doing the same thing and it lacks the weight that Lowe brought.

I was looking forward to the fake trade podcast, and then it went about 30 minutes too long. Then again, he did have haralabob on there just the pod beforehand. I think it also suffers from a season with very few storylines until we get to the WCF.

I never listen to House or Jack-O podcasts. I really don't want to hear a phone call of BS and his buddy just shooting the shit.

yet you'll spend an hour a day on here reading people shooting the shit?

At least I can engage with you people. I used to listed when they came on once in a while at ESPN and all BS and House do is enable each others hot NBA takes by agreeing with everything each other says.

And do Jack-O and BS do anything but talk about SAWX/YANKS?

Though I guess Cousin Sal is technically BS's buddy... those podcasts are good but Sal is also a TV personality.

I enjoy the friend podcasts because it's a little more relatable. Shooting the shit with friends, getting their takes on things, giving your takes, cracking jokes. Something I do most days

I could do without House, but I like Cousin Sal and the non-routine guests he gets that are famous and we get to see a looser side. Really liked Al michaels last week.

I like House, but weekly NBA talk is probably a little much. I've enjoyed JackO whenever he is on lately to lament the GOP and Trump. Any other buddies or Bill's dad aren't so great. Although I dig his son talking about WWE for five minutes.

Back