• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN

Reminds me of Dave Chappelle saying Key & Peele hurt his feelings.

Not to derail, but good god was that some ludicrous snowflake bullshit. That'd be like Dick Wolf bitching about CSI and Criminal Minds not listing him as a creator. Meanwhile you don't hear the Wayans crew bitching out Chappelle for not crediting them for his show. /rant

I still listen to his podcasts, don't read his stuff anymore. I think that was just such a bitchy tweet to make at Jonah Keri, who appears to be the nicest, most universally well-liked guy in the world. Don't think it was a joke because (a) nothing about it was funny or would indicate it was intended as a joke and (b)he didn't follow up with any kind of clarification that it was a joke after the internet decided it was not a joke and proclaimed Simmons an asshole, nor did Keri tweet anything in response.

His press secretary will have to confirm.

Last edited:
Not to derail, but good god was that some ludicrous snowflake bullshit. That'd be like Dick Wolf bitching about CSI and Criminal Minds not listing him as a creator. Meanwhile you don't hear the Wayans crew bitching out Chappelle for not crediting them for his show. /rant

No see that actually was a joke. See that was a standup comedy special you were watching.

Brief mention of Wake Forest in latest Kevin Durant interview - but the context is for some reason Bill's UNC producer Tate was wearing a Demon Deacon shirt and then makes a condescending comment about how WFU is the NC private school that "we're cool with"

Yea that dudes an insufferable douche. The pod cast him and Mark Titus did on college basketball was moronic and provided no information other than inside jokes between the two and "well you aren't a blue blood, stay in your lane and accept it." Took me 2 episodes too many to figure that out unfortunately.

Yea that dudes an insufferable douche. The pod cast him and Mark Titus did on college basketball was moronic and provided no information other than inside jokes between the two and "well you aren't a blue blood, stay in your lane and accept it." Took me 2 episodes too many to figure that out unfortunately.

Yeah, same. Came in wanting to like it but man, Tate comes off like a douche.

i hate how he keeps railing about triple doubles not being impressive and that it's just an arbitrary stat. Especially when he is also the person who pushes random stat "clubs" like this ad nauseum

With apologies to Robert Covington’s deflections, let’s acknowledge the Crown Prince of the Moreyball Era, James Harden, for his third straight season of 200-plus made 3s and 700-plus made free throws. With four games to play, he’s sitting at 244 made 3s and 713 made free throws, giving him an outside chance of creating the 250/750 club. But he’s also sitting at 861 assists, opening the door for the 250/750/900 WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON Club. Jimmy Harden, everybody!

Checked his twitter account for the first time in 2 months. He's pinned a podcast talking about the Celtics odds of winning the lottery and his website appears to be binge watching and reporting on season 2 of game of thrones 5 years too late.

Woof

Airing what is essentially a podcast on HBO was a stupid idea anyway. You can't take something passive and make people want to sit down and watch it actively. I'm still surprised there are so many of the Talking Dead, Bad, Saul, etc. shows with Chris Hardwick on AMC (at least those shows get the actors on there which I have to believe is the draw - people aren't gonna tune in just to hear some nerd's takes on their favorite tv show, that's what podcasts are for)

There's no way Stugotz is 35 (unless you mean Bomani, but plama is a fan of the radio show not TV)

So I looked up this Stugotz dude you all keep talking about. His name is Jon Weiner. Cmon.

That Watch the Thrones aftershow was terrible, and I listen to those guys' The Watch podcasts every week. I can't believe they're still going to do that show at all (although obviously a Twitter-only show is barely a show).

I don't understand why HBO didn't try to make it like the Talking ___ shows and get stars and producers and stuff to come on. Unless the show was something Simmons insisted on and HBO really didn't give a shit, which they're especially showing now by relegating it to Twitter.

Back