• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN

It seems most writers eventually just fall into the mad lib trap and all their work becomes the same and dated. When looking at the deadspin link on simmons I forget how great it was when Rick Reilly kept plagiarizing himself.

Rick Reilly is more irritating than Cowherd and Bayless combined.

He could get a show on Amazon Prime or Netflix or YouTube or Yahoo's service.

I think Magary does "what Simmons does but better." He's the only one that really comes to mind, though. Maybe Ryan Nanni. I like Rembert and Jacoby but they don't really write about sports.

No tweets yet makes him look like a CHUMP. Shoulda dropped a "well then..."

could espn have banned him from use of any social media?

no I just don't think he feels the need to do anything again. a few weeks ago he pledged a new mailbag every Friday during the NBA Playoffs -- fat chance he writes another.

Agreed

Grow a dick Simmoms

Grantland Rice wouldn't of backed down

He should put on a thrift store bolo, some old navy jeans, and a Women's H&M vest, take out the $300 EMERGENCY fund in his savings account, melt the block of ice containing a Discover PLATINUM in his freezer, polish his 5head with some vaseline, and throw caution to the wind.

could espn have banned him from use of any social media?

We'll know Tuesday night because that is the next Grantland basketball hour. Some people say ESPN is benching him til contract runs out.

Curiously reports are ESPN owns right to BS report.

They probably do, but all he would have to do is change the name if he wanted to do a new podcast after his contract is up.

We'll know Tuesday night because that is the next Grantland basketball hour. Some people say ESPN is benching him til contract runs out.

link?

I'm not sure I get his appeal. Don't hate him, but think he is pretty 'meh' on TV. That may be because I don't particularly care about the NBA though.

Well, I'm a moran. Didn't realize quite how much creative input he had.

Last edited:
Pretty surprised that ESPN attacked this the way they did. Really curious to hear what Simmons has to say - I would expect he'll come out swinging when he finally does say something.

I know it's cool to hate on him, but I like his stuff a lot, and I hope he's back for the rest of the NBA Playoffs, somewhere.

Simmons is good, hating on him is contrived

Back