• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN

This week's Deadcast did a solid job describing how I feel about the whole thing. They were a bit harsher on his TV capabilities than I am, but Magary summed up his appeal pretty well. Marchman said that most of the friends he as at Grantland have said they loved Simmons on a day to day type basis, while the higher ups all hated him. I found that interesting, as it contrasts greatly with the smear campaign that's been coming out of Bristol this week.

Sounds like he's getting 4 months paid vacation during the summer. I think he'll be ok.

Not being able to write about the NBA conference finals and finals is hell to this guy. He's going to be texting hot takes to everybody he knows.

Can he tweet? I thought ESPN controlled that as well. He tweeted as an ESPN employee. He's only had four tweets since Friday, three clips and "Truth."

Edit: He hasn't posted on his Facebook page since last Friday morning.

Last edited:
So...Simmons messes with a Bull named Goddell, promptly gets the horns. NBA playoffs were just getting good, too. #coldblooded

He's a Clippers fan now, right? Too bad we can't watch his hottakes on their ongoing meltdown.

can't he just write a blog post. jesus. fuck big media.

Donkey shit organization. I wish they had a competitor anywhere near as comprehensive in its coverage and broadcast rights.

Donkey shit organization. I wish they had a competitor anywhere near as comprehensive in its coverage and broadcast rights.

So much this.

Back