• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN

If Shaq only did slapstick, sure. The real problems arise when he opens his mouth. Which is tough, since he's on TV and all

I think he's good for what he is: a clown character. Ernie is the straight man, Barkley is the fuckless one, and Kenny is a good role player. I think Shaq fits that group better than Simmons would.

I wish he would knock off the tough guy act. Always trying to engage with Chuck. It never lands and feels forced every time. Shaq needs to do Shaq thinks, and not try to be a bigger Chuck.

Shaq's a dumbass. That's the problem. That's why he's not good on tv. Surprised some of you don't realize or admit that.

Shaq's a dumbass. That's the problem. That's why he's not good on tv. Surprised some of you don't realize or admit that.

I believe that is Dr. Dumbass to you, Biff. (but you're right).

giphy.gif

He fell! On the ground! On accident!

In my world, we call this the floor.

I could see him hosting a sports show similar to Last Week Tonight focused on in-depth reporting of the week's sports stories. Inside the NFL with some heft. Would be tough to do it on Sunday night though.

who dis? and what was the mess with Mike and Mike now not moving the show to NYC?

James Andrew Miller ‏@JimMiller 3m3 minutes ago
Time to rename Bristol "Crazy Town." Latest @espn salary demands from talent (north of $7M) absurd. Skipper won't tolerate such nonsense.

The people who talk about the talent think they're the talent so they want to get paid like the real talent.

I doubt they're gonna have a hard time finding a cheap gasbag who will talk about sports on TV

Anything involving ESPN talking heads with pre-determined schticks is unwatchable.

Can't say I've really spent much time on Grantland the past few months. Was always a "lets see what simmons has to say" and then when done "okay, maybe I'll click on some of these other things"

Back