• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes NOA from the NCAA

My position is that 100% of the schools that have conducted independent investigations (FTR, 1 out of all 1 of them) into their program have found major problems. The other schools who aren't looking must not have a problem, right?

Are you suggesting UNC is the only school that has conducted independent investigations of their athletic departments?

Are you suggesting UNC is the only school that has conducted independent investigations of their athletic departments?

Yes. He made that claim.

It is possible that the delusional clown even thinks that his statement is correct.

Never underestimate the power of denial.

UNC chases the same athletes as most other ACC schools, and yet only the kids who signed with Carolina had troubled maintaining eligibility. Absolutely every other player at every other school remained eligible solely by their own merits in off the shelf classes, or so I'm told, (and here's the best part, Carolina(!) is the one in denial). Got it.

First, I don't think other schools have engaged in a pattern of academic fraud for 20 years. Second, even if they did, they likely didn't hold themselves out as some true and saintly academic institution.

Perhaps the kids in the sham classes at UNC would've been able to do the work at a different school that actually put the expectation on them.

People tend to rise to the challenge.

I'll make a bet with jhmd. UNC men's basketball will receive at least 2 of the following 3 punishments

1. Loss of scholarship
2. Loss of wins
3. Post season ban

At least 2 out of 3 I win. 1 or less and you win.

What do you want to bet?

the lack of personal accountability is ironic (I think it's irony) coming from Jh when considering his politics.

Reactions: ONW
The smugness of the UNC fanbase is really what chaps my ass the most. Honestly, if this were Wake I'd hide my head in the sand in shame. But instead the UNC fanbase is claiming everyone cheats and the poor goats are being singled out. Good grief. Carolina way my ass

This is the part I don't understand. UNC alums seem to have no problem with the academic reputation of their school being drug through the mud in full public view as long as a fucking basketball team isn't punished. That along with the everyone-does-it-so-it's-no-big-deal rationalization. WTF?

Perhaps the kids in the sham classes at UNC would've been able to do the work at a different school that actually put the expectation on them.

How is this so hard to understand? The problem is not that they admitted them...it's what they did with them from that point on.

Show me a second example with the scope, access and reach of the report UNC did into its academic support system. Take your time.

the lack of personal accountability is ironic (I think it's irony) coming from Jh when considering his politics.

All I am asking is that you read what I write. I'm not expecting a fair argument in response, but at least see what I'm saying.

Where have I said UNC is being treated unfairly? UNC has broken the rules and shall get punished (again). Not "OMG hammered!!!1111", just punished.

Where have I said UNC isn't responsible for breaking the rules?

This is the part I don't understand. UNC alums seem to have no problem with the academic reputation of their school being drug through the mud in full public view as long as a fucking basketball team isn't punished. That along with the everyone-does-it-so-it's-no-big-deal rationalization. WTF?

Link?

I'll make a bet with jhmd. UNC men's basketball will receive at least 2 of the following 3 punishments

1. Loss of scholarship
2. Loss of wins
3. Post season ban

At least 2 out of 3 I win. 1 or less and you win.

What do you want to bet?

Can I bet you that yesterday was Monday, June 15th? 3 of the 3 have already happened in this case. UNC football has experienced all three ("But Kerrliner's gittin' away with it!")

I like this type of post. Well done. The rest of you should take notes.

Hey guyz, we're so honorable that we'll do an independent investigation to make sure that there isn't any fraud!!!

Again, not expecting a rational argument, but at least come close to the facts. Do you think that was the conclusion of the 136 page report (and resulting firings, reforms, etc)?

At least one positive has already come out of this. By rationalizing the scandal by claiming that "everybody does it", UNC is basically admitting that the Carolina Way is no different than the Ohio State Way, or the USC Way, or the Miami Way, or any other Way. That's one line of bullshit we won't have to listen to anymore.

Can I bet you that yesterday was Monday, June 15th? 3 of the 3 have already happened in this case. UNC football has experienced all three ("But Kerrliner's gittin' away with it!")

UNC football was punished for the AfAm scandal? Link?

This UNC dude is really dense. Football at UNC was punished for past sins. The NCAA has presented an indictment for rule violations that have nothing to do with the prior violations. Further it is beyond argument that people on the payroll at UNC knew rule breaking was going on and failed to self report any of these to the NCAA. Why is it so hard to admit UNC is going to get screwed for cheating. Just say the words. Stop acting like a damn five year old. Own up to it. Take your punishment and move on.

Back