• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes NOA from the NCAA

Why is this clown on our boards in the first place? Do the Holes have someone on every one else's forums to put out false info and argue that they did nothing wrong?

Carolina way my a$$, more like the cheating way?

This UNC dude is really dense. Football at UNC was punished for past sins. The NCAA has presented an indictment for rule violations that have nothing to do with the prior violations. Further it is beyond argument that people on the payroll at UNC knew rule breaking was going on and failed to self report any of these to the NCAA. Why is it so hard to admit UNC is going to get screwed for cheating. Just say the words. Stop acting like a damn five year old. Own up to it. Take your punishment and move on.

Do you propose that we start punishing schools for future sins?

Do you propose that we start punishing schools for future sins?

You know. Deliberate obtuseness is the poorest form imaginable. Your debate skills are seriously garbage. You should really stop this while you are behind. You spew one logical fallacy after another. It's annoying.

Last edited:
Show me a second example with the scope, access and reach of the report UNC did into its academic support system. Take your time.

access? we're talking about access?

right. unc was forthcoming and provided all requested access from day one. (of the 365th day of attempting to sweep it all under the rug while pointing the opposite direction and saying "look at them over there. see that?!?!" nothing to see here)

"When you look at the whole big picture, this was a small, small, small fraction," Hatchell said of the number involved in the scandal. "And I'm not making light of it. But when you compare that with everything else? Carolina still has the It factor. We are elite. We are the school. It's still the Carolina Way. It's still extremely prestigious to go to school here, to play here."

the above 2012 quote from Sylvia Hatchel is a is from a recent article in Sports Illustrated by a Carolina alum titled "How Did Carolina Lose Its Way?". And I think it completely sums up the cluelessness, arrogance and sense of entitlement that so many of their alumni, admin, coachers and players hoisted on the rest of us "you wanna-be's but never will be's" for many years (heck, generations). Just not having to hear that stuff on a regular basis at work, church, social settings, etc. has been kind of nice.

I'll make a bet with jhmd. UNC men's basketball will receive at least 2 of the following 3 punishments

1. Loss of scholarship
2. Loss of wins
3. Post season ban

At least 2 out of 3 I win. 1 or less and you win.

What do you want to bet?

Can I bet you that yesterday was Monday, June 15th? 3 of the 3 have already happened in this case. UNC football has experienced all three ("But Kerrliner's gittin' away with it!")

not sure if

movinggoalpost.gif

or

neo-bullet-dodge-o.gif

"When you look at the whole big picture, this was a small, small, small fraction," Hatchell said of the number involved in the scandal. "And I'm not making light of it. But when you compare that with everything else? Carolina still has the It factor. We are elite. We are the school. It's still the Carolina Way. It's still extremely prestigious to go to school here, to play here."

It's just a couple of Stage 4 cancerous tumors. The majority of my cells are a picture of perfect health.

The idiot JHMD, or the even bigger idiots who insist on arguing with him?

Very good question. I used to be annoyed by jhmd's constant defense of unc-ch on the cheating threads. Now I just enjoy how much time he wastes on here replying to everybody. Not sure what jhmd is trying to accomplish here. If UNC get severely punished, everyone will mock him for the hours wasted defending his cheating university. If UNC gets slapped on the wrist, he will tell everybody that's what he said all along....and nobody will care. He will thump his chest and point to the hundreds of posts he made "warning" us....and again, nobody will care about what he said.

I am not even sure what he is arguing. He has set up so many straw men I can't keep track of what we are actually discussing.

I don't see any reference in this article to what we are discussing. It looks like the 2012 ban was for basically having an agent on the staff and a rogue tutor.

But the NCAA didn't stop at UNC's self-imposed penalties, finding that the school was responsible for violations including academic fraud, impermissible agent benefits, participation by ineligible players and a failure to monitor the football program.

It's just a couple of Stage 4 cancerous tumors. The majority of my cells are a picture of perfect health.

Not a perfect analogy for Sylvia Hatchell, given that she is a cancer survivor.

But the NCAA didn't stop at UNC's self-imposed penalties, finding that the school was responsible for violations including academic fraud, impermissible agent benefits, participation by ineligible players and a failure to monitor the football program.

Hey officer, I already got a speeding ticket last year. You don't need to give me a ticket. I've already been punished.

The what?

The what?

The academic fraud that Carolina investigated, reported, and self-imposed punishment for. The things that Carolina has identified, reported and addressed in a public manner.

What part of the report did you miss?

Back