• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes NOA from the NCAA

Dear holes:
tumblr_mr709cxcgN1s6z2cso1_400.gif

Love,
Everyone

yup...that will be the program that will fall on the grenade and the rest of the goats will just lose a scholarship. (Sounds like Carolina luck to me)

According to Wiki, Swofford became Commish in 1997. So, I guess that clown will get to dodge this entire matter. And what sucks is the high probability he knew exactly what was going on at Cheater-Hill.

Oh well. No punishment is too strong for Orange County Tech.

UNC Women's bball - banned from TV. I can see it now.

UNC Football - banned from postseason tournaments

UNC Basketball - banned from playing on New Year's Day

IC seems convinced that this isn't so bad.

IC was convinced that MBball and Football wouldn't be implicated at all yesterday. They've been wrong at every turn.

Edit: Looks like they are hanging on the words of David Glenn who claims things won't be bad. Then again, he was also the one who claimed basketball and football wouldn't be touched...

Last edited:
Lack of institutional control...short of actually fixing games, that's as bad as it gets.

Now, will the punishment fit the crime?

yup...that will be the program that will fall on the grenade and the rest of the goats will just lose a scholarship. (Sounds like Carolina luck to me)

I agree to an extent. Personally, I believe that UNC and the NCAA will make some type of "Backroom Deal", and sacrifice other sport programs (women's basketball, football, etc) to allow the men's basketball program to escape any major penalties. At worst, the men's basketball program might lose a 1-3 scholarships a year for a few years. On the other hand, I do believe other programs, such as football and women's basketball will see significant scholarship reductions along with post season bans that will last 3-5 years. However, from what I read, I could be wrong, but it sounds like the UNC will not have their hearing with the NCAA until late August, and the penalties will not be announced until around February/late winter

However, from what I read, I could be wrong, but it sounds like the UNC will not have their hearing with the NCAA until late August, and the penalties will not be announced until around February/late winter

The longer it stretches out, the better. Good luck getting commitments from 5*/4* kids while the NCAA is still deciding whether your team will be allowed to play in the post-season. That's an easy play for opposing coaches on the recruiting trail.

There is also an e-mail from an athlete to Jan Boxill thanking her for allowing her to use the same paper for multiple classes...
I'm sure there is a thorough article from TarheelDepot.com defending this whole deal. If only someone could find it for us...

As I read it, the NCAA basically declared the classes and help associated with them as impermissible benefits. And a further 10 redacted players (we don't know the sports) are called out specifically as ineligible. I don't see how wins aren't vacated and banners don't come down. It appears W's bball may get hit the hardest just based on the hard evidence they've been able to uncover, but Football and M Bball appear to be in line for a nice beating as well.

Scanning the Carolina board there are several posters that seem confident that the BBall and Football teams are going to escape major sanctions and the I scan PP and they think it is the end of UNC-ch athletics.

Back