• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes NOA from the NCAA

From PackPride:

manalishi wrote:
The gods are smiling... a scheduled afternoon debrief has been cancelled.

Okay, a few items:

-- Crowder and Nyan'goro were very specifically "encouraged" to not speak with the NCAA.
Anything they could have said would have only made matters WORSE. (and yes, the rumors are that it was worse -- worse than what Wainstein found)
UNC was willing to get slapped with the "failure to cooperate" tag twice, rather than risk having Crowder and/or Nyan'goro slip up in an interview. Think about that -- they'd rather have two guaranteed Level I infractions. Hmm.

-- Regarding Tami, Fats, PJ, and a few other issues:
Two reasons they were not included.
One, the NCAA lacks subpoena power. And two, the years that would have been affected by those various issues/infractions were already encompassed by the impermissible academic benefits -- so when it came down to manpower and the legal hassles that would have been involved, it appears the NCAA chose the path of least resistance.

-- There are a couple of very specific individuals who have been contacted by unc over the past 10 days (regarding the NOA, and how they should respond if/when questioned), who are NOT HAPPY. Again, we shall see.

-- Regarding the redacted information...
I do believe that there's a good chance unc is trying to pull a fast one over on the media. We shall see.

There are a few more items -- with a couple having significant potential. Gonna hold onto them for a bit.
Let's see who, if anyone, speaks up first.

EhSmvRn.png

You gotta love the "Roy isn't implicated" argument from UNC...never mind that his right-hand man that he brought to UNC from Kentucky was 100% aware of grades being changed to keep players eligible.

sMq7mZV.jpg

It was only "slightly" Racer. Shouldn't count. Nothing to see here.

Are we sure that isn't "GoodOlRoyBoy@aol.com" that's redacted there?

He seems like the kinda guy to use aol

They are screwed. Once the NCAA went down the phony AFAM class road and tied it to athletes at the revenue sports, it's probation time.

And that report about Ivory Latta resigning as assistant women's bball coach to concentrate on her playing career? Methinks the timeline doesn't match - she was kicked out.

UNC gets NOA on 5/20, she resigns on 5/29?

And look at what is in the NOA:

FI310: November 4, 2014 – Interview transcript of Ivory Latta (Latta), assistant
women's basketball coach. This includes, but is not limited to,

(ILatta_TR_110414_NorthCarolina_00231)

All of the other interview transcripts list a detailed description. Hers is totally redacted. She snitched and UNC was not happy.

U ndoubtedly
N ot real
C lasses.... bend over holes, the end is coming.

Kind of disappointed in the tags. Not bad, but you guys can do better.

Toothless jhmd is kind of sad. Don't give up hope yet man. Your boy Roy is probably going to skate, so there's that.

Wait, IC says only girls basketball and softball will be hit.

Only 47% of the paper classes were scholarship athletes.
The remainingg 53% were regular student. Mostly frat brothers of athletes. How that happen.

Didn't Boxill give Peppers the only A he got at UNC?

Best (only?) time to kick a man (or institution) is when he/its down, so kick away.

This is the part I don't get. If this were Wake, I'd be embarrassed as hell. Why aren't posters on IC pissed that their alma mater (assuming some IC posters actually went to school there) would perpetrate something like this?

"Since it isn't, I can go on pretending that only my rival school cheats. Aaron Curry was getting into Wake Forest anyway; we had no idea he could play football until he showed up for class."

Back