• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Are either of you cats in WS and actively play tennis? I'm always looking for peeps to play with.

Good end to the WS Open on Saturday with Anderson beating Herbert in two close sets with a full stadium. The doubles final featured 4 former college players with Lindstedt/Inglot defeating Lipsky/Butorac. The tournament broke the attendance record set in 2011.

US Open main draw started this morning. Having all the matches on ESPN3 is great, especially the 4-way split screen option.

That's a big-time upset. US Open finalist last year; beat the Joker in the semis. He won the US Open series tourney in DC a couple of weeks ago.

Slightly surprising, but not that big of an upset given the circumstances.

Nishikori was injured in Montreal and got throttled by Murray in the semis there because of it. He had to pull out of Cincinnati. He was probably not at 100% physically and also was likely unable to prepare normally in the previous weeks leading up to it.

Benoit Paire top 40 and is coming off a very good summer where he won his first career title. So he is playing well and also confident.

The margins in tennis are so narrow outside of the big four. The fact that Paire beat Nishikori in a close 5 setter given the above is perfectly understandable.

I watched Paire in Winston. Dude is talented but seems to be a head case. Got into a fight with his coach mid-match that resulted in the coach storming out of the stadium. Went on to straight up choke a doubles match.

i cant be the only one to dislike the night session at us open. only two matches and only one at a time? id rather lots of matches and switch back and forth. last night's early primetime match with serena was miserable

i cant be the only one to dislike the night session at us open. only two matches and only one at a time? id rather lots of matches and switch back and forth. last night's early primetime match with serena was miserable

I agree that it's best when there are a bunch of matches going, but Kyrgios and Murray should be entertaining tonight.

There are a bunch of matches going on on the outer courts. You are just complaining about the TV coverage?

Bryan brothers fight off four match points against Querry and B$'s boy Johnson to force a third set here.

I want to like Djoker but he just looks like such a doofus. He needs to up his wardrobe game.

Spent the day at the U.S. Open and saw a bunch of great tennis. Mardy Fish should have closed out Lopez in four sets but choked and ran out of gas in the fifth.

Was still pretty impressive to see him playing as well as he was when he has essentially been away from pro tennis for years. If he wasn't retiring, you have to think that he could still compete on tour if he could handle the anxiety issues

Hi Mystery - was at the Fish match too. His leg seemed to be bothering him a ton. My first time at the USOpen despite having lived in NYC for 15yrs....absolutely unique experience in sport. You can get very close to the action and some of the top players with a basic grounds pass. Saw the Bencic meltdown from just a few feet away, sitting next to her family....just a totally different experience compared to what you see on TV and from the larger stadium.

Hi Mystery - was at the Fish match too. His leg seemed to be bothering him a ton. My first time at the USOpen despite having lived in NYC for 15yrs....absolutely unique experience in sport. You can get very close to the action and some of the top players with a basic grounds pass. Saw the Bencic meltdown from just a few feet away, sitting next to her family....just a totally different experience compared to what you see on TV and from the larger stadium.

Mardy definitely cramped up in the 5th set which doomed him there, but like I said, he should have closed it out in 4.

And yes, for my money a U.S. Open grounds pass is one of the best deals in sports. Why people would pay more for a seat way up on Ashe, I have no idea

Back