• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Is that new? How did the Mettenburglar get to LSU after being dismissed from UGA in 2010? He pled guilty even.

Yes I believe it is new and specifically related to sexual or domestic violence. I just looked it up so I was going off of memory before. It is unclear whether the new SEC rule would prevent him from transferring to the SEC for this misdemeanor assault charge.

Thanks for posting that video. It looks like the woman assaulted him and he defended himself. At the very least shouldn't the woman also be charged with assault?

By no means would I defend Ray Rice (or anyone else who hits a woman), but IIRC she spit a loogie in his face before he cold-cocked her.

By no means would I defend Ray Rice (or anyone else who hits a woman), but IIRC she spit a loogie in his face before he cold-cocked her.

He said originally she cut in front of him while in line at a bar, which hacked him off. That set off the ensuing confrontation which everybody has seen now. But the video shows she was already there. Now of course there are the racial words things. But in the heat of the moment of being shoved & held, people will say things.

Several things: A--he is underage drinking in a bar [granted we have all done, but still is still a freshman]
B--he punches a woman in the face--you just don't do that regardless!
C--finally FSU kicks somebody off the team for something like this! Amazing in itself

Last edited:
^^^ Dear dipshit. There is a video, which means we don't need a recap, not to mention your recap is wrong. You can go back to your regularly scheduled rednecking now.

Believe it or not the SEC actually has a rule preventing transfers of athletes from other schools when the person was dismissed from their previous team.

Louisville would be a more likely landing point but I don't know whether FSU can block Louisville or not since Louisville is on FSU's schedule.

Same reason why no SEC school could look into taking Golson from Notre Dame. He had been suspended for academic reasons and would have had to have gotten a waiver from the SEC so it was too much trouble, that is the main reason he landed at FSU.

When I was growing up, it was always taboo to lay a finger on a girl or woman. I guess times have changed.

If I was a gator booster I would be sending women to antagonize all their star players seeing how many we could get kicked off the team right before the season started.

When I was growing up, it was always taboo to lay a finger on a girl or woman. I guess times have changed.

Domestic violence rates have fallen 30% in the last 25 years, but don't let facts get in the way of your rose colored view of some bygone era that never actually existed.

If I was a gator booster I would be sending women to antagonize all their star players seeing how many we could get kicked off the team right before the season started.

Yeah, there's obviously nothing wrong with FSU or their scholarship athletes. It's those Florida womenz who are to blame for everything.

The worst thing you can say about the players is that they can't throw a punch.

Last edited:
The patented OGBoards race to the moral high ground begins.

The real important question here, folks, is whether FSU will have enough players for Texas State and USF. Because they'll certainly have everyone back for ACC play.

Domestic violence rates have fallen 30% in the last 25 years, but don't let facts get in the way of your rose colored view of some bygone era that never actually existed.

I'm not sure punching random girls inside of or in front of bars qualifies as "domestic violence", but okay, dude. Whatevs.

Yea, same era as me. Women just took it and didn't report it. There were probably far more than today. It was still taboo and always should be taboo to lay a finger on a woman. No self-respecting man would ever do that!

Back