• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

The patented OGBoards race to the moral high ground begins.

The real important question here, folks, is whether FSU will have enough players for Texas State and USF. Because they'll certainly have everyone back for ACC play.

If you can't beat 'em, you can always feel morally superior to them. Hell, we feel morally superior to F$U even when we beat 'em. Who doesn't? It's easy and natural.

If outrage over hitting women isn't your thing, perhaps animal cruelty?
@McMurphyESPN: FSU’s Dalvin Cook w/another brush w/law, involving 3 pit bull puppies chained together @Andy_Staples reports http://t.co/NO7kG6sVtP

If outrage over hitting women isn't your thing, perhaps animal cruelty?
@McMurphyESPN: FSU

It has gotten so bad that FSU President Thrasher has had to come in & speak to Jumbo's boys about how to treat girls--

"Florida State president John E. Thrasher met with the school's football team Monday, following a week in which one player was dismissed for punching a woman and another was indefinitely suspended for allegedly assaulting a different woman.

According to a statement released by Florida State, Thrasher met with Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher, his assistant coaches and their players Monday, and told them that playing football for FSU is a "privilege, not a right."

Maybe he ought to bring in the Aerospace Engineer major from Tennessee, starting QB Joshua Dobbs to explain it to them!

I picked up the ACC Sports Journal college football magazine this weekend and started reading it. I would suggest it as it has great reading and a 10 page breakdown of each team. It includes last year, this year, players to watch, game by game prognostication, projected lineups & depth chart, position by position analysis, players to watch, 10 year historical look at this year's schedule, the new recruits and who is likely to play vs who is likely to redshirt, coaching staff & scholarship breakdown by state. They also have their team break down of what can happen if things go right or if things go wrong.

Atlantic Division--top 3
Clemson--12-0 & 8-0
FSU--10-2 & 6-2
NC State--8-4 & 4-4

Coastal Division--top 3
VT--10-2 & 7-1
GT--8-4 & 6-2
Pitt--7-5 & 5-3

Notre Dame 9-3

Driving into work this morning and listening to 99.3 the Buzz, they ranked ACC football into 5 tiers and Wake was DFL all alone on its Tier 5 "Bzdelick Zone." :(

Regardless of returning talent Clemson is still Clemson. They'll find a way to fuck up at least twice.

9-3 at best.

Also LOL @ VT at 10-2. The '00s are over, brahs

Last edited:
State is getting a lot of love there. Their best win in the past two years is against 9-3 Georgia Southern (Sun Belt) or 9-4 UCF (American)
They haven't beaten an above .500 ACC team yet.

I'm not buying it quite yet.

State is getting a lot of love there. Their best win in the past two years is against 9-3 Georgia Southern (Sun Belt) or 9-4 UCF (American)
They haven't beaten an above .500 ACC team yet.

I'm not buying it quite yet.

NCSU season will depend on the finding a LT, the young WR's taking a step forward and the all freshman special teamers not screwing it up too bad. I'm cautiously optimistic but i know what that has gotten me before. It was nice to finish on a high note last season and Brissett at QB is going to have a great season. Still a really young team.

ESPN the Magazine comes out with their top 4 for the playoffs and interestingly enough have 2 from the Big 12
Ohio State, Baylor, TCU & Auburn with Bama 5th

ESPN the Magazine comes out with their top 4 for the playoffs and interestingly enough have 2 from the Big 12
Ohio State, Baylor, TCU & Auburn with Bama 5th

It makes me depressed that Ohio State's schedule is so unchallenging, they are assured a spot in the playoff. When Virginia Tech is your second hardest game of the season, you know you've got it made. Get ready for ESPN to hype VT as better than they are. Other B1G teams gotta step up the next few years and make that conference interesting again.

Least they're in division with all the other good programs. I trust that Franklin, D'antonio and Harbs will put up a good fight eventually, though not this year

Least they're in division with all the other good programs. I trust that Franklin, D'antonio and Harbs will put up a good fight eventually, though not this year

I look forward to that and enjoying the B1G like I did in the 70's. Back in the Rex Kern Archie Griffin days I didn't even dislike Ohio State!

It makes me depressed that Ohio State's schedule is so unchallenging, they are assured a spot in the playoff. When Virginia Tech is your second hardest game of the season, you know you've got it made. Get ready for ESPN to hype VT as better than they are. Other B1G teams gotta step up the next few years and make that conference interesting again.

Michigan and Michigan State are bother tougher than VT

Maybe Michigan State right now but Michigan is certainly behind VT, that is why they have been thru a couple of coaches recently and have finally hired harbaugh. He should have them back to their glory days in a few years. But VT this year can come in at 9-3 or even 10-2 based on schedule and the Coastal and play Clemson or FSU for the ACC title. Our side of the ledger is NC State at home & @ BC so that is certainly doable.

CMS4UXOUEAAiIu3.jpg

Penn State and arguably Minnesota are better too.

If Ohio State wins the playoff again this year, they will have earned it. Their last five games will be Michigan St. at home followed by a trip to Ann Arbor to play Michigan in Jim Harbaugh's first game as head man. Then a Big 10 championship game (Wisconsin again most likely) followed by the National playoffs. If they can go undefeated for the season (including that stretch), they will have conquered a schedule equal to or better than anyone else in the country.

Yeah, that was deffo an overstatement.

USC, Oregon and Auburn for starters would be OK with switching scheds, if the Buckeyes were down

Back