• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

DV7 the rest of us realized how incredibly unreliable and skewed WhoScored/Opta/etc was years ago. Making one bonehead play a game as a defender negates every thing else you've done all match.

Catch up.

Phil Jones made no recorded defensive errors last season nor any during the 2013/14 PL campaign. He did make one defensive error during the 2012/13 season, however. Boneheaded.

"Future England Captain" John Stones made 3 defensive errors last season and 4 defensive errors in the 2013/14 campaign. Negated.

And they're gone.

If England loses a CL place to Italy in the next couple years, today will be one of the biggest reasons why

So their first team didn't get much time together in the preseason at all.

We played only a single 1st team player -- Kevin Nolan -- and he's not even sniffing the starting lineup. Did play a new loan acquisition who looked promising though.

It was very clear that the club did not prioritize the match at all. Considering that we'll probably lose to Arsenal on Sunday, I doubt it was a very good idea.

god. dammit.

just realized that my host family's illegal satellite hookup in Haiti doesn't have the sports package and so I can't watch Spurs at OT in the morning.

You have the internet though, right? I'm sure there will a (totally not shady and pop up filled) stream somewhere to find.

you have an expat presence? and pubs? lucky.

Apparently. Did some research the other day. There should hopefully be a pub run by an British ex-pat near my hostel that shows every PL match. The Thais (and most of SE Asia) are bonkers about footie. Every other kid in the street is rocking a jersey. I land at 3:30, match is at 9. Hopefully it works out.

Phil Jones made no recorded defensive errors last season nor any during the 2013/14 PL campaign. He did make one defensive error during the 2012/13 season, however. Boneheaded.

"Future England Captain" John Stones made 3 defensive errors last season and 4 defensive errors in the 2013/14 campaign. Negated.

So why is Chelsea (and many others) so keen to buy one and not the other? Both young, British, homegrown, etc.

Give up DV7. He's crap. He's a squad player at best.

Gonna watch Everton's opener in an ex-pat pub in Chiang Mia (Northern Thailand) tomorrow night, rocking my $4.50 semi-full wanker kit (no socks) I bought in Phnom Penh.

I'm way to excited about this. Toffees Up!

bruh u better drink a thousand changs

Because Jones is already at the top club in England, and one of the biggest in the world, so isn't as easy to have his head turned?

Jones was chased by Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man United when he was at Blackburn. He was a hot commodity after the 2010/11 season. Just like Stones is this summer.

I'm not arguing that Jones is Baresi, but he is a solid defender. Just like Stones.

Apparently. Did some research the other day. There should hopefully be a pub run by an British ex-pat near my hostel that shows every PL match. The Thais (and most of SE Asia) are bonkers about footie. Every other kid in the street is rocking a jersey. I land at 3:30, match is at 9. Hopefully it works out. , etc.
I raise my Prestige to you.
You have the internet though, right? I'm sure there will a (totally not shady and pop up filled) stream somewhere to find.
yes, but the bandwidth is dog shit (it's 3G over the air I think) and we don't have enough data on the plan anyway, haha.

oh well, Guardian live feed for me...

ugh another fucking red shite coworker

had a good thing going with one at my last job a few years ago, just found out the guy sharing the cube wall with me is a pool fan

Loving the Baines ankle injury rumors that just started popping.

Loving the Baines ankle injury rumors that just started popping.

This is a joke, right?

MailOnline Football ‏@MaiIFootball 2h
Everton's Leighton Baines out for 5 months with freak ankle ligament injury after slipping on discarded banana skin.

This is a joke, right?

Everton's Leighton Baines out for 5 months with freak ankle ligament injury after slipping on discarded banana skin.

At least it wasn't a red shell.

This is a joke, right?

clearly the work of racist Chelsea fans....

I'll try this fantasy league although I'll probably be shitty and unable to watch any games and stop updating in a couple weeks, haha. Oh well.

I'll try this fantasy league although I'll probably be shitty and unable to watch any games and stop updating in a couple weeks, haha. Oh well.

That's what I did last year.

Where did I end up in the standings, anyone know?

Chelsea
Arsenal
United
City
Liverpool
Spurs
Southampton
Everton
Crystal Palace
Swansea
Stoke
West Ham