• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Montero is just abusing Ivanovic right now. It's quite impressive.

TNSSO is going to cry so much in the post game

Howler Magazine ‏@whatahowler 3m
The league table does suggest that Mourinho is right:

CL6EOksWUAAxsSR.png

What. The. Fuck.

Bleacher Report ‏@BleacherReport 39m39 minutes ago
VIDEO: Soccer team allows opponent to score after own team scores freak goal (via @br_uk) http://ble.ac/1Tfa4Oi

SportsJOE.ie ‏@SportsJOEdotie 1h1 hour ago
Video: Mental scenes as Doncaster Rover boss instructs team to concede late equaliser http://bit.ly/1IzdtCw

Daily Record Sport ‏@Record_Sport 3h3 hours ago
Doncaster boss Paul Dickov orders team to allow OPPONENTS Bury to score 95th minute leveller http://dlyr.ec/lY2pUV

There will rarely have been two stranger goals scored in a match than when Doncaster Rovers took on Bury in League One on Saturday.

Doncaster manager Paul Dickov instructed his players to allow Bury's Leon Clarke to walk the ball into the goal from kick-off in injury time of their match after his own team had scored a freak goal moments earlier.

Harry Forrester had been trying to hit a ball back to the opposition goalkeeper, but he made such clean contact that he lobbed Chris Walton instead:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Hilarious. Doncaster player tries to put the ball back in play to the Bury keeper, but makes such clean contact that he lobs it over his head for a goal. Both managers meet, Doncaster manager decides that only fair thing to do is to allow Bury an opportunity to score with no opposition from Doncaster (save for the Rovers keeper, who makes a half-hearted joking attempt to take the ball away). Bizarre.

Arsenal replayed a 98-99 FA Cup game after Sheffield put the ball out for an injured player and Kanu took the throw-in, went to goal and hit Overmars for a 2-1 win.

Wenger's offer for a replay was accepted by Sheffield and the FA, and they replayed the game 10 days later.

It's early in the season but Leicester, palace and Villa as a top three is still strange.

I'm just drinking tonight anticipating a Pool let down. Last time we saw Stoke, oh boy.

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Watched the game last night at a British pub here. Talked an Austrian girl who's staying in my room into joining me. There was a Watford fan, also in his jersey, there as well. We had a great time chatting with him and his girl about American-British sports/pop culture/etc. A couple of slutty-hot Geordie girls were also hanging with us. One was incredibly knowledgable about the game. We bonded over our mutual hatred of Sunderland. It was a really cool experience.

As for the match, seemed like a fair result. Martinez once again started a clusterfuck lineup with one winger, one striker, Ross and a 3-man MF. So dumb. Thought Galloway looked serviceable at LB. Stonesy did not have a good match. Lukaku missed a wide open header and was offsides about 5 times. Cleverley played fairly well. Bringing on Kone definitely worked out, however not bringing on Naismith, McGeady or Gerry D but instead Oviedo, was infuriating.

Kone was the MOM. His first touch and release set up the Ross' thunder strike. His finish on the second goal was class. Watford appear to be a solid side. I expect them to stay up. Hopefully at the expense of Sunderland and/or Stoke.

My faith in Martinez is continuing to dwindle. I think he's gone during or after this season. He's too rigid and full of himself.

Once again it was a really solid evening. Bar wifi was shit but everything else was the titties. Drank a bunch of Chang's. Definitely an experience I'll always remember.

Last edited:
West Ham starting a 16 year old today which will make him the youngest BPL starter ever.

Back