• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Oxford will be a good player. Even in his inexperience, he has looked composed and ready. He's played CB and DM and CM already this pre-season -- look for him holding alongside Noble today. Kouyate will probably be box-to-box and Payet in the advanced role. No clue if we'll see Poyet or a winger? Zarate partnering Sakho? I fully expect to get pounded today, but hopefully we'll play narrow and Payet will create some magic and make Mertesacker look the fool today.

Howler Magazine ‏@whatahowler 3m
The league table does suggest that Mourinho is right:

CL6EOksWUAAxsSR.png
As much as I hate them, I don't see anyone but chelsea winning the title. I watched the match and even after going down to 10 players, you couldn't tell they were a man down. And this was against a good Swansea team.

So looking like it will be a sort of midfield diamond with Oxford anchoring and Payet at the tip. No surprises there. Ogbonna to debut at CB alongside Reid and -- not too surprising because we saw it once in pre-season -- Tonks at right back. He's not quick enough to play there and will most certainly get smoked today by Ox-Ch. Fortunately, we'll have Jenks back at RB after today's match.

So looking like it will be a sort of midfield diamond with Oxford anchoring and Payet at the tip. No surprises there. Ogbonna to debut at CB alongside Reid and -- not too surprising because we saw it once in pre-season -- Tonks at right back. He's not quick enough to play there and will most certainly get smoked today by Ox-Ch. Fortunately, we'll have Jenks back at RB after today's match.
16 year old playing in your MF... Cool, but crazy.

Watched the game last night at a British pub here. Talked an Austrian girl who's staying in my room into joining me. There was a Watford fan, also in his jersey, there as well. We had a great time chatting with him and his girl about American-British sports/pop culture/etc. A couple of slutty-hot Geordie girls were also hanging with us. One was incredibly knowledgable about the game. We bonded over our mutual hatred of Sunderland. It was a really cool experience.

As for the match, seemed like a fair result. Martinez once again started a clusterfuck lineup with one winger, one striker, Ross and a 3-man MF. So dumb. Thought Galloway looked serviceable at LB. Stonesy did not have a good match. Lukaku missed a wide open header and was offsides about 5 times. Cleverley played fairly well. Bringing on Kone definitely worked out, however not bringing on Naismith, McGeady or Gerry D but instead Oviedo, was infuriating.

Kone was the MOM. His first touch and release set up the Ross' thunder strike. His finish on the second goal was class. Watford appear to be a solid side. I expect them to stay up. Hopefully at the expense of Sunderland and/or Stoke.

My faith in Martinez is continuing to dwindle. I think he's gone during or after this season. He's too rigid and full of himself.

Once again it was a really solid evening. Bar wifi was shit but everything else was the titties. Drank a bunch of Chang's. Definitely an experience I'll always remember.
Worthless w/o pics

Here it is

I'll say it for you. He's not a special keeper anymore and hasn't been for a couple of years. His problems with balls in the air are very real, and maybe worse now than ever.

He's a pretty good PL keeper (which is a huge improvement from the crap Arsenal has had between the sticks) but he's not great anymore. He's just "a guy".

First goal was more Monreal's fault than Cech. Second was horrible.

Back