• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Do Liverpool have more Suarezes to sell that I don't know about that will finance this Klopp + players move?

Joe Allen, perhaps? He'll probably want to follow Rodgers, you'd think.

They could get good money for Coutinho, but what would that leave them with?

Klopp would give fewer fucks about how English the players are but I imagine he'd still like the work rate of Ings.

The funny thing is that Sterling would be a terrific fit for Klopp - he loves him smallish attackers with pace to burn. Wonder if Liverpool had made the move in the summer if Sterling would still be there.

FFP is all but dead and buried if that's what you're worried about with funds. Tougher thing is getting CL quality stars without the CL

FFP is all but dead and buried if that's what you're worried about with funds. Tougher thing is getting CL quality stars without the CL

Exactly, so selling off a CL quality player would just make their task all the much harder.

I do think Henderson/Can could do well as the 8/6 combo for Klopp.

Here is an article that talks about how Liverpool 'might' fit into Klopp's system.

Thankfully we have the marauding, rapid fullbacks necessary in Moreno and Clyne already. There is worries however as to the ball-playing qualities of our centre-backs (Hummels was a converted central midfielder). Sakho can pass, but lacks the German’s composure, while Skrtel and Lovren can only play the ball short consistently. Interestingly, Gomez might be perfect for the ball-playing centre-half role in the long run, as he can step out of defence excellently.

Klopp always deployed at least one midfield destroyer – a player with limited ball playing ability but excellent discipline and defensive nous. For this reason, Lucas could be a starter under Klopp, while Henderson would be the favourite to start alongside him in a midfield double pivot – absolutely perfect for the relentless press required.

Then it gets interesting. Our four best attacking players are Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge and Benteke, and in this formation, they all fit in the XI – combining skill, pace and hard work. While Coutinho is our current central ‘no.10′, the position would actually suit Roberto Firmino better under Klopp and give the £29m signing a chance of fulfilling his price-tag. This is because Firmino is a more natural goalscorer, and Coutinho would play very centrally anyway, as close to his fellow attackers as possible due to Klopp’s style. Firmino played here in this exact formation for Hoffenheim and was one of the Bundesliga’s very best players. Coutinho naturally drifts to the left to collect possession anyway and wouldn’t be required to hug the touchline, just like Reus wasn’t under Klopp.

One issue though is that the German boss has nearly always used just one centre-forward.

He has preferred a focal point in attack and struggled without Lewandowski to call upon during his final season. A target-man with aerial ability rather than an off-the-shoulder striker. In fact, Klopp even made attempts to sign Benteke (via ESPN) in 2013, so it would make sense to award the £32.5m striker this central role. He can retain possession better than Sturridge, long enough for the three attackers behind him to get close and play off him. And it’s not as if Sturridge would be used as a winger here, although he’d likely prefer the lone centre-forward role. From an advanced, inverted spot on the right, Sturridge can cut in on his left, run beyond Benteke and transform into a genuine striker when we’ve got the ball. This does involve using our best forward slightly out of position of course, and it’ll be mighty interesting to see how Klopp decides to use Sturridge with Benteke. With their injury records much of the time he’ll only have one of them to call upon anyway.

Source:
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/...g-tactic-and-fitting-liverpool-stars-into-it/

Great "article."

Compares Sakho to Hummels. Beneteke to Lewandowski.

Just good journalism all around.

Great "article."

Compares Sakho to Hummels. Beneteke to Lewandowski.

Just good journalism all around.

Wait, what? Did you read it? He is trying to fit Liverpool's players into the system Klopp uses. Sakho goes into the Hummels role, Benteke goes into the Lewandowski role. He wasn't claiming they are like for like (see: "Sakho can pass, but lacks the German’s composure, while Skrtel and Lovren can only play the ball short consistently.")

it's a bit rosy for me, that's all, and i was laughing at an empire of the kop post getting called an article

I sense it doesn't matter what is posted Townie is just very anti-Liverpool. Article or Not, I was just sharing a projected lineup in Klopps system. Whether it succeeds, fails or even happens is another matter all together.

I suppose we'd be better suited to discussing Arsenal and their chances of winning the premier league this season. That make you more happy?

Meh I can discuss Liverpool rationally. Sometimes. When they aren't playing Everton.

I share a cubicle wall with a Liverpool supporter. We banter all the time about our squads.

I really like Can and Coutinho. It'd be no surprise at all if Klopp had more success than Brendan Rodgers.

That article was still rosy AF.

Two years ago, when Liverpool came so close to winning the league, they basically played a high pressing, dynamic, fast breaking attacking style. They didn’t line up in a 4-2-3-1 but rather were more often in 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond, both of which allowed Suarez and Sturridge to play up front together. That team scored and conceded goals at startling rates.

In the year plus since, Rodgers had to move away from that approach, mostly because with Suarez gone and Sturridge injured, he no longer had the attacking players to play that way. Point is, the ability to play Klopp’s preferred style is subject to the players available to him. I’m a little skeptical that his arrival changes much of anything for Liverpool unless and until Liverpool has Sturridge, Benteke, Firmino, and Coutinho all available and on the field together. And even then, it's an open question as to whether they're good enough to lift Liverpool from the 5-7 range.

Ultimately Liverpool will need new CBs and a CDM to succeed. I'm far from sold on Sakho. I think people think he's decent at distributing the ball just because he's not as shit as our other CBs at it. Having said that, I'm beyond excited to have Klopp. Didn't really think it was possible up until this week. Loved watching his Dortmund team and excited to see what he can do. Definitely back in the "boom" phase of the graph, though that probably just means Liverpool gets to disappoint me twice in one season.

Townie describing a Liverpool article as rosy after acting like his team just won the CL and talked all kinds of shit when they TIED Liverpool is pretty funny to me. The piece basically just said which players would probably start

Townie describing a Liverpool article as rosy after acting like his team just won the CL and talked all kinds of shit when they TIED Liverpool is pretty funny to me. The piece basically just said which players would probably start

huh? all i said was "we deserved better, liverpool are shit" and "small time attitude is gone though" after the match. read for yourself here - http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...AL-2015-16-Premier-League-Thread-(NWT)/page95

you dumb

Klopp will find success if for no other reason than his office will be less than a mile from the great Roberto Martinez and the Toffees. Greatness is bound to seep across Merseyside.

Back