• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I have Ellington and Abdullah on my fantasy team, too. I am starting Ellington this week while waiting for Abdullah to emerge in Detroit. Bell is often hurt, and coming off some serious injuries this off/pre-seasono. I don't see him lasting long either in health or in performance. It seems Detroit is trying to give Bell a fair opportunity, but they know what the answer is.

I was high on Randle just bc of the Dallas OL, but their trading for Christine Michael and saying DMC (hurt all preseason) will get carries is concerning. I think they are trying to light a fire under him. Hopefully, this shot across his bow will boost his performance - it's just a matter of motivation, not talent. For those interested in Randle, his trading value is pretty low right now. You have to deal with the uncertainty and get rewarded if he pushes through.

I will be shocked if Randle isn't the starter. That being said, I am glad to be able to sit him on my bench week 1 and see how it plays out.

brady all over. he will be pissed and want to light the steelers (not a great def) up

This. The year after spygate, the "embarrassed" Pats went into eff you mode, and Brady threw 50 TD's. Up 45-3 on the Redskins that year, the Pats went for it on 4th and 3 and made it. That was also the year Randy Moss blew up. Of course the next year - the year I draft Moss - Brady blows an ACL in the first quarter of the first game, and Moss became a very expensive decoy. Given that Brady/Romo is close even without this consideration, go Brady just in case history repeats itself. The only confounding circumstance to the Pats repeating 2007 is their sad state of WR's. It is one thing to be pissed. It is another to be able to do something about it. This is why Gronk is so valuable.

But from this point forward, Brady will have to play with balls that are inflated to regulation levels. So, there's that. It's too soon to tell if Brady can still be a productive fantasy player now that he can no longer cheat (check that, until he/the Patriots find a new way to cheat). Maybe go Romo.

The #1 defense in the league last year was the Seahawks - Brady was 37/50 for 328 yards and 4 TDs with normal balls. I think he is fine - Romo is a great start too, though, but I would not bench Brady.

Also the Pats offense, while an elite receiver would be nice, doesn't really need a number 1 wr stud for what they try and do.

Start Joseph Randle or Duke Johnson?

Crowded backfield vs. 2nd string rookie on a bad team.

My head says Randle and my heart doesn't care.

Start Joseph Randle or Duke Johnson?

Crowded backfield vs. 2nd string rookie on a bad team.

My head says Randle and my heart doesn't care.

I'd go Randle. Johnson might be choice #3 this week as he's coming off a hamstring.

HaHa. Sometimes everything goes your way and sometimes the guy drafting in front of you takes your pick everytime.

Other than getting the first round picks I wanted in both my drafts, the latter perfectly describes me

Back