• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I'm running a 12-team PPR Redraft league...

How do we transition to a Keeper League? Should that be done before the draft this year, or after the season?

How do you guys do keepers?

Set number each year, forfeiting a draft pick the following year for each player based on where they were drafted?

Also, entered one of those on-demand drafts on yahoo...was chatting with one of the guys about all of the autodrafters, he said he didn't understand autodrafting in fantasy football....then proceeded to take a kicker in round 9 of a 15 round draft.

Facepalm

It's a bit different, but I like how my keeper league rules are set up.

Cannot keep someone drafted in round 1
If a player was picked in rounds 2-5. then you give up the previous round to keep them. (So 2nd rounder loses a first the next season, 3rd rounder a 2nd next season, and so on)
Rounds 6-10, you give up TWO rounds earlier than the pick. So a 6th rounder is kept for a 4th, etc. etc.
Round 11-15, 3 rounds
Rounds 16-18, 4 rounds

And any player not drafted the previous year is a 12th rounder to keep.

Owners may keep from 0-4 players. No set number of keeps required.

So is it based on your drafted team or your final team from the previous year?

We can keep a max of 2 guys, which is relatively few.
Can't keep 1st or 2nd round picks.
Keep a player, forfeit the round he was picked in.
Can only keep a guy twice. After that he goes back in the pool.
Guys kept that you picked up in free agency cost you a final round pick, which in our league is round 18.

Drafting #10 in a 10 Team League:

QB/WR/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/DEF/K

QB: Andrew Luck (2)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins (3)
WR: Emmanuel Sanders (4)
WR: Steve Smith Sr. (9)

RB: Matt Forte (1)
RB: Lamar Miller (5)

TE: Greg Olsen (6)

DEF: Carolina (14)

K: Phil Dawson (15)

BN: Andre Ellington - RB (7)
BN: Latavius Murray - RB (8)
BN: Nelson Agholor - WR (10)
BN: Torrey Smith - WR (11)
BN: Chris Ivory - RB (12)
BN: Breshad Perriman - WR (13)

Drafting #10 in a 10 Team League:

QB/WR/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/DEF/K

QB: Andrew Luck (2)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins (3)
WR: Emmanuel Sanders (4)
WR: Steve Smith Sr. (9)

RB: Matt Forte (1)
RB: Lamar Miller (5)

TE: Greg Olsen (6)

DEF: Carolina (14)

K: Phil Dawson (15)

BN: Andre Ellington - RB (7)
BN: Latavius Murray - RB (8)
BN: Nelson Agholor - WR (10)
BN: Torrey Smith - WR (11)
BN: Chris Ivory - RB (12)
BN: Breshad Perriman - WR (13)

My takeaway is that your league drafts way too damn early.

So is it based on your drafted team or your final team from the previous year?

final team from previous year. so people will trade away good keeper values for studs if they are competing for the playoffs/championship.

So if a player was drafted by another person, then dropped (injury maybe?), and you pick him up...what do you forfeit if you want to keep him?

So if a player was drafted by another person, then dropped (injury maybe?), and you pick him up...what do you forfeit if you want to keep him?

Based on whatever round the player was drafted in. Dropping a player does not negate them being a drafted player.

18 team league, half point PPR and then standard scoring after that. Each team can keep two players. If you keep none, you get a first and second round pick. If you keep one, that player counts as your first round pick. If you keep two, your first pick is in the third round. You won't know who kept who until the day of the draft.

At this point, I'm planning to keep Graham and Charles. However, I've been offered Alfred Morris and Carlos Hyde for Charles. I'd have to either trade Graham for a draft pick or drop him.

Should I trade Charles for Hyde and Morris? Or should I keep Charles and Graham? Or should I keep only Charles and draft in the second round

I would probably take Forsett, Gore and Ellington over Randle. Maybe even Bernard. With Trestman coming in, Forsett should put up monster numbers again. Gore has a very high floor, but maybe not as high a ceiling as Randle. Ellington is still feature back in AZ. Ingram had a great year last year too. Also, I wouldn't want Randle and Dez on my team. You lose if the Boys have a bad week.

Do not take Gio Bernard for anything, he is being relegated to 3rd down back duties and Kick Returner - no one should draft him high, they are going to let Hill be the bell cow.

Forsett is the right answer - Randle would be my number two, though, Ellington is injury prone and has a backup that will relegate him to a RBBC, Gore is solid and should put up big numbers, but he is old and will likely only be a 1st/2nd down back - the rest I would think you will have a shot at for 18

I hate Gio Bernard. He was one of my keepers last year and just a total bust.

I like the trade for you. Forte won't catch nearly as many passes in the new offense.

Thanks for the reassurance - thats my thought too, and he is in the last year of a contract - but likely means I am going to suck this year, but should be a strong build for the future.

Back