• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

18 team league, half point PPR and then standard scoring after that. Each team can keep two players. If you keep none, you get a first and second round pick. If you keep one, that player counts as your first round pick. If you keep two, your first pick is in the third round. You won't know who kept who until the day of the draft.

At this point, I'm planning to keep Graham and Charles. However, I've been offered Alfred Morris and Carlos Hyde for Charles. I'd have to either trade Graham for a draft pick or drop him.

Should I trade Charles for Hyde and Morris? Or should I keep Charles and Graham? Or should I keep only Charles and draft in the second round

I wouldn't make that trade - the 49ers are going to be a shitshow this year and Morris could be good, but his top is likely a low end RB1. Depending on where you draft in the 2nd, I might keep Graham too - in a standard 18 team draft, he is a late second round pick, so you are getting value - unless you pick early in the 2nd, since you have to assume a decent amount of the teams will keep two, so your second round pick, if its early, could be a top 5 pick of whats left, which should be better than Graham.

18 team league, half point PPR and then standard scoring after that. Each team can keep two players. If you keep none, you get a first and second round pick. If you keep one, that player counts as your first round pick. If you keep two, your first pick is in the third round. You won't know who kept who until the day of the draft.

At this point, I'm planning to keep Graham and Charles. However, I've been offered Alfred Morris and Carlos Hyde for Charles. I'd have to either trade Graham for a draft pick or drop him.

Should I trade Charles for Hyde and Morris? Or should I keep Charles and Graham? Or should I keep only Charles and draft in the second round

Unless you are dying for depth, then no do not take this trade. It's a "two nickels for a dime" trade.

I would listen to offers for Graham. His role will be reduced in Seattle, and folks still have his Saints value in their head. This is the last call to sell high.

Wilson threw to the tight end at State all the time. I think Graham could explode, especially since all the other receivers are so mediocre

Definitely, and that's what I've been considering. But within that same article:

"Third-and-10 is when I'm going to make my money and that's when I'm going to have to be special for this team," he said. "Down there in the red zone. That's just what I've always done. I'm doing the most down there. There's a lot of matchup problems and with Marshawn (Lynch) in the backfield and their safeties play too flat and I just see a ton of opportunities there."

Jimmy Graham is an interesting commodity this year. Mostly because he's an unknown in the Seattle offense. Thanks everyone for the feedback on Graham and Charles.

The Seahawks don't actually run the ball 75% of the time, and considering how much they do offensively to play to their strengths I'm sure blocking won't actually be 75% of his job. You don't trade a first round pick to turn an elite pass catcher* into a blocker

*although possibly questionable if he still fits that label

Last edited:
He's going to be a great safety valve for Wilson. Not sure I would pick him as a top 3 TE but I wouldn't stay away.

I think he'll lead the Seahawks in receiving, but that is not saying much. He may be in for fewer, but more "clutch," receptions this year - such as his 3rd and 10 scenario. Those are great catches for the team, but don't stuff the stat sheet the way fantasy leaguers want.

I like Tyler Lockett, their 3rd round pick, at WR. Not much competition ahead of him, good route runner, gets open. Someone like that could be an extension of their running game, like Welker was to New England. Worth a late flyer or $1 in auction as a WR4 or WR5.

Is Seattle's Chris Matthews going to follow up on his SB performance?

I think he'll lead the Seahawks in receiving, but that is not saying much. He may be in for fewer, but more "clutch," receptions this year - such as his 3rd and 10 scenario. Those are great catches for the team, but don't stuff the stat sheet the way fantasy leaguers want.

I like Tyler Lockett, their 3rd round pick, at WR. Not much competition ahead of him, good route runner, gets open. Someone like that could be an extension of their running game, like Welker was to New England. Worth a late flyer or $1 in auction as a WR4 or WR5.

Is Seattle's Chris Matthews going to follow up on his SB performance?

My guess is Grahams TD total stays roughly the same, but his yardage is way down - he will be heavily involved in the red zone. I'm guessing like 700/13, which should be top 2-3 TE in the league and should be a solid 4-5 PPG higher than the average TE. Outside of Gronk, Graham and Olsen, the rest of the TE group is a crapshoot and not worth reaching a pick for Julius Thomas or Martellus Bennett or Coby Fleener.

Everyone knows Ertz and Kelce are the breakout TEs, so if you are enamored with Chip or Andy's use of TE, you are going to have to grab them early. I wouldn't do it in a standard draft - but if you have a keeper league, Ertz would be a solid reach.

Olsen moves back to the pack if Funchess emerges and Benjamin continues to improve. I think there is plenty of depth at TE. Gronk is the clear leader but he's an injury risk.

I'm guessing 700/8 for Graham. Footballguys have him from 700/7 to 900/11.

Mining the cheap, new TE's might work. Josh Hill should be interesting. He is about the same size and combine measurables as Graham. Seferian-Jenkins is uber-athletic and rookie QB's love TE's - easy pass to complete. Ladarius Green will finally get some reps with Antonio Gates on suspension.

Re Gronk and Graham, you have to decide if you want a stud TE or Rodgers/Luck. I think it would be hard to get a team with both without taking hits at RB, WR (unless you're in a league of idiots). I think Patriots will play angry and Gronk will explode this year. My plan A in our league auction is to get Gronk at around $45, and then the Brady hook-up. Plan B is get Rodgers/Luck for about the same and mine the TE's mentioned above (get all three for $10, and see who emerges).

So I'm in a 12 team PPR league, I've been mock drafting with #5 or #6 picks, which I will have one of those.

I've found myself going Zero RB more often than not. For those familiar with that concept, who should I target as a RB1 in Rd3 or Rd4?

Are there any good mocks for a 20 team league? Asking for 19 friends.

So I'm in a 12 team PPR league, I've been mock drafting with #5 or #6 picks, which I will have one of those.

I've found myself going Zero RB more often than not. For those familiar with that concept, who should I target as a RB1 in Rd3 or Rd4?

You are looking at late 20s and early 40s drafting? By that time, you are likely on RB2 people, so you should expect the rookies to be there (Gurley/Gordon) and then the second level guys like Miller, Hyde, Ingram, Forsett, Morris - assuming this is a redraft league, I would say your top two backs out of this group are probably going to be Miller and Forsett, with Morris, Gordon and Ingram following. Just a gut, but I dont think Ajayi is anything in Miami, so for this year at least, Miller should be a bell cow, same with Forsett - Taliaferro is average, the rookie is decent, but hes a rookie - after that, you have two-down Morris, that should still be a solid top-20 back, Gordon, who should be given the keys, but hes a rookie, and Ingram, who is another two-down back that should end up somewhere between 10-20 in the league, depending on how good or bad the Saints are.

Gurley will likely be the best back available, but his injury is unknown. Same for Arian Foster, he will be available later on in drafts, but looking like he is out for at least the first 8 weeks of the season, but could be a steal in a late round if you can stash him.

You are looking at late 20s and early 40s drafting? By that time, you are likely on RB2 people, so you should expect the rookies to be there (Gurley/Gordon) and then the second level guys like Miller, Hyde, Ingram, Forsett, Morris - assuming this is a redraft league, I would say your top two backs out of this group are probably going to be Miller and Forsett, with Morris, Gordon and Ingram following. Just a gut, but I dont think Ajayi is anything in Miami, so for this year at least, Miller should be a bell cow, same with Forsett - Taliaferro is average, the rookie is decent, but hes a rookie - after that, you have two-down Morris, that should still be a solid top-20 back, Gordon, who should be given the keys, but hes a rookie, and Ingram, who is another two-down back that should end up somewhere between 10-20 in the league, depending on how good or bad the Saints are.

Gurley will likely be the best back available, but his injury is unknown. Same for Arian Foster, he will be available later on in drafts, but looking like he is out for at least the first 8 weeks of the season, but could be a steal in a late round if you can stash him.

192529952_i_concur_RE_Wikileaks_s500x351_111816_580_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

And I like rookies, so I'd go Forsett, Miller, Gordon, Gurley.

SF will be playing from behind which will limit Hyde's carries. Ingram has to compete with Spiller. Morris will be like Hyde. Ajayi is an insurance policy in case they don't want to re-sign Miller.

For some reason I have a hard time trusting Miller, but Forsett seems to be a good option. And I'm always weary of rookie RB's.

I've been going Gurley a little and picking up Tre Mason later on...he was good for me last year.

It's tough to plan with this group though, there are a couple of Cowboys-obsessed guys and some guys that just like to mix things up (guy who is drafting #1 this year drafted Peyton #1 two years ago, which worked out for him). And 1 or 2 that barely even follow NFL and just want a reason to talk shit.

Every year a player or two falls to me that I didn't think would make it.

This year I'm trying to get my hands on Allen Robinson/Nelson Agholor/Charles Johnson and maybe Rashad Jennings...I've seen all getting passed on.

What size roster do you 12-team leaguers play with?

I'm thinking 9-10 starters with 8 bench spots...too many?...too few?

Guys, with Eli and the Giants O Line, I am rethinking keeping Odell Beckham and AP and dropping Peyton in my 12 team, 2 keeper league. I draft #6.

HELP!!!!!

Back