• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

12 team league. We have;
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R, W/R, W/R/T, D, K ; 4 bench.

My problem with a shorter bench is that it doesn't reward good drafting. If there's always going to be somebody on the waiver wire, why worry about making smart draft decisions?

Not sure but a lot of mainstream sites will list auction values.

You are looking at late 20s and early 40s drafting? By that time, you are likely on RB2 people, so you should expect the rookies to be there (Gurley/Gordon) and then the second level guys like Miller, Hyde, Ingram, Forsett, Morris - assuming this is a redraft league, I would say your top two backs out of this group are probably going to be Miller and Forsett, with Morris, Gordon and Ingram following. Just a gut, but I dont think Ajayi is anything in Miami, so for this year at least, Miller should be a bell cow, same with Forsett - Taliaferro is average, the rookie is decent, but hes a rookie - after that, you have two-down Morris, that should still be a solid top-20 back, Gordon, who should be given the keys, but hes a rookie, and Ingram, who is another two-down back that should end up somewhere between 10-20 in the league, depending on how good or bad the Saints are.

Gurley will likely be the best back available, but his injury is unknown. Same for Arian Foster, he will be available later on in drafts, but looking like he is out for at least the first 8 weeks of the season, but could be a steal in a late round if you can stash him.

Read Matt Waldman on Footballguys.com or on his website - Rookie Scouting Portfolio. He is a pioneer in Upside Down Drafting has excellent articles on the subject. He basically promotes starting drafting a big block of RB's beginning in Round 5.

i do auction leagues. is there a good benchmark of $ amount/ADP equivalency.

I'm in an auction league, too. Depending on the nature of the league, AP will go for about $50. There's a lot of "studs and duds" owners in my league, so he'll probably go higher.

ESPN has him at $55 (see auction values columns)
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/livedraftresults

MFL has him ridiculously low
http://football23.myfantasyleague.c...&CUTOFF=5&L=33189&IS_PPR=-1&IS_KEEPER=0&TIME=

eta: fantasy pros
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/auction-values/calculator.php

Last edited:
anybody interested in taking over a team in my keeper league? you will have 1 1st and 2 2nds and 3rds to start with at the draft. $75 fee with weekly high score getting paid plus top 3 places and overall top scorer on the year.

PM me for more details.

That's an interesting strategy. 8 or 10 team league?
12 team league. Year 3. Keep as many keepers as you'd like but they cost 15% more than the higher of the previous years' draft cost or waivers (minimum increase of $3).

The guy who drafted him had Luck, Evans and OBJ all as pretty cheap keepers. The other guy bidding him up had $100 on 7 of his keepers, and was prepared to go all in on AP and grab $1 flyers with the rest of his team.

Draft this afternoon:

Keepers:
J. Charles
D. Thomas
CJ Anderson

roster has 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLEX - 1 PPR

I have the 10/11 pick

WRs that look like they will fall to that range:
Sanders (DEN)
Matthews (PHI)
Edelman (NE)
Johnson (IND)
Allen (SD)
Tate (DET)
Cooper (Oak)

Sanders is the best of the bunch, but not sure about being so Broncos heavy, especially with my top 2 WR. I'm thinking about taking Matthews at 10 and then Graham/Kelce at 11

Wilson/Manning may also be available

thoughts - run with this or grab 2 WR?

Too early for Wilson I'd say. If an elite QB is there if go for him but Wilson's not that guy.

Roster after today's draft:

QB:
P. Manning
P. Rivers

RB:
J. Charles
CJ Anderson
S. Vereen
R. Bush

WR:
D. Thomas
A. Johnson
G. Tate
R. White
S. Smith Sr.

TE:
T. Kelce
T. Eiffert

K: Gostkowski
DEF: NE

Draft Order (picking 10th/1st)
Keepers:
Charles, Anderson, Thomas

A. Johnson (IND)
T. Kelce (KC)
G. Tate (DET)
P. Manning (DEN)
R. White (ATL)
S. Vereen (NYG)
S. Smith, Sr. (CAR)
R. Bush (SF)
T. Eifert (CIN)
P. Rivers (SD)
NE
Gostkowski (NE)

Pretty happy with my team. League voted to mix rules up a little, so instead of 1 PPR, we moved to .5PPR and .5 for a 1st down (to increase value to RBs and nerf WRs losing 2 yrds but netting .8 pts).

Never heard of counting first downs. Interesting.

Our commish was trying to narrow the gap between WRs who receive a full PPR and the RBs who are really devalued. His proposal was .5PPR and .5 rushing 1st downs (nothing for rec 1st downs), but that got voted down and finally settled on the new scoring.

Is that stat available in Yahoo etc?

Back