• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Drafted last night. 12 team PPR. 1 QB/3WR/2RB/1TE/1FLEX(wr/rb/te)

Team:

QB:
J. Flacco
C. Palmer

RB:
J. Charles
M. Forte
A. Abdullah
C. Ivory
R. Jennings
T. Mason
T. Coleman

WR:
M. Evans
B. Cooks
J. Matthews
A. Cooper
N. Agholor
M. Jones

TE:
K. Rudolph

DEF/ST:
Philadelphia

K:
M. Bryant

Round by Round (Pick #6):
1. Charles (KC)
2. Forte (CHI)
3. Evans (TB)
4. Cooks (NO)
5. Matthews (PHI)
6. Cooper (OAK)
7. Abdullah (DET)
8. Ivory (NYJ)
9. Jennings (NYG)
10. Agholor (PHI)
11. Flacco (BAL)
12. Mason (STL)
13. Rudolph (MIN)
14. Coleman (ATL)
15. Palmer (ARI)
16. Jones (CIN)
17. PHI (PHI)
18. Bryant (ATL)

I inadvertently went VERY young...8 picks of rooks/sophs. Too bad this isn't a keeper league.

Yea I went WR/RB on my first 10 picks...we actually had SEA DEF taken in Round 8 (followed by 5 more defenses in the next 12 picks), first kicker taken in Rd. 11, with 6 kickers taken before Rd 15 (seriously, wtf), had Tebow and Manziel both drafted (for fun, or so they said).

Have about 4-5 guys who researched and planned, the rest just winged it on draft night, as you can tell.

I of course ended up in a division with 2 of the 5 guys that prepped (and thus play them twice) and will more than likely struggle because of it.

But the guy who was lucky and got the #1 pick, also picked Jordy Nelson with his second pick, so he's fucked.

So the guy that lost Nelson wants to trade. I need an upgrade at QB (especially after realizing Flacco/Palmer share bye weeks). He asked for Agholor.

Thoughts on this trade:

Get:
Ben Roethlisberger - QB (PIT)
Justin Hardy - WR (ATL)

Give:
Joe Flacco - QB (BAL)
Nelson Agholor - WR (PHI)

I would do it. You are trading your bench for a starter and filling a team need. Essentially, this is a 2 for 1 (ruling out Hardy) and you are getting the 1. Besides, Agholor is still a USC WR - he may break the trend of disappointment, but still....

congrats thats a good team and yes you should instantly accept that trade

Charles went 6th overall? Are you playing with a bunch of 3rd graders?

Some FF donks...Calvin Johnson was taken #4 (The guy is a dumbass).

Round 1:
Lacy
Bell
Peterson
C. Johnson
A. Brown
Charles
Rodgers
Lynch
Luck
D. Thomas
OBJ
Dez

For the love accept that trade now before the other guy grows a brain and changes his mind.

Have you accepted that trade yet?

Leauge with some buddies does a DL & LB in addition to the normal lineup so that was kind of weird. I'm pretty happy with my results. First 6 picks I went RB or WR.

1(9)- L. McCoy.
2(12)- CJ Anderson.
3(29)- Mike Evans.
4(32)- TY Hilton.
5(49)- Latavious Murray.
6(52)- Desean Jackson.
7(69)- Tony Romo.
8(72)- Cam Newton.
9(89)- ARZ.
10(92)- Zach Ertz.
11(109)- Torrey Smith.
12(112)- Todd Gurley.
13(129)- Jason Witten.
14(132)- Larry Fitzgerald.
15(149)- Paul Posluszny.
16(152)- Steve Hauschka.
17(169)- Aaron Donald.

Felt like I reached a little for Cam & the Zona D but gotta show love to my boy & had to get a D as that was the streak of the.

I've never seen IDP and team defense together before. Usually it is either/or.

Your team starts strong, but I don't like your bench much. Hopefully, you won't need them.

Does anyone use VORP strategy when drafting? If so, any resources you would recommend IE cheat sheets

Does anyone use VORP strategy when drafting? If so, any resources you would recommend IE cheat sheets

I'm intrigued by this as well. My league has been together for a good while and everybody pretty much knows what they're doing and uses a lot of the same sources. Taking a different approach might help. The one tool I found was from fantasypros and I'm not wild about forking out $15 but I might do it anyway.

kinda stupid question but wondering if the new PAT rules will have any impact on kickers. For example, I had Cody Parker last year and he was great but I wonder if Kelly will forego the PAT more often than not this year, thus reducing Parkers value.

He may be the only kicker to be concerned about.

Used VORP strategy for our 20-team Pit League. Had to modify the methodology a bit because replacement level player in a 20-team league is almost always irrelevant. Instead, went with value over last projected starting player at each position (QB- 20, TE- 20, DEF- 20, RB- 35, and WR- 55).

Think it was far more helpful than normal leagues because it helps you truly understand the value of QB, TE and DEF for this size of a league. VORP strategy really favored grabbing QB, TE, and Seattle DEF early, with WR having the least value in our league due to depth.

Ended up with the following at the 8th position...
QB: Peyton
RB: Jamaal
WR: Maclin
TE: Olsen
Flex: Joique Bell
Flex: Eddie Royal
Bench: Reggie Bush (likely to get KR/PR duties in SF)
Bench: Wheaton (KR duties)
Bench: Britt
Bench: Ladarius Green
Bench: Cleveland

Used VORP strategy for our 20-team Pit League. Had to modify the methodology a bit because replacement level player in a 20-team league is almost always irrelevant. Instead, went with value over last projected starting player at each position (QB- 20, TE- 20, DEF- 20, RB- 35, and WR- 55).

Think it was far more helpful than normal leagues because it helps you truly understand the value of QB, TE and DEF for this size of a league. VORP strategy really favored grabbing QB, TE, and Seattle DEF early, with WR having the least value in our league due to depth.

Ended up with the following at the 8th position...
QB: Peyton
RB: Jamaal
WR: Maclin
TE: Olsen
Flex: Joique Bell
Flex: Eddie Royal
Bench: Reggie Bush (likely to get KR/PR duties in SF)
Bench: Wheaton (KR duties)
Bench: Britt
Bench: Ladarius Green
Bench: Cleveland

Interesting. So you assigned each player a value based on a traditional player rating sheet... then drafted the best available? Like Peterson 35, Lynch 34, Charles 33... etc? Don't know if I'm reading you correctly.

Was this something you created yourself or based off some master list?

Back