• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

just received a proposed trade: desean jackson and roddy white for andre johnson and brian quick Non ppr league what do you guys think?

considering it because jackson is in washington with a hot mess of a qb situation and is always boom or bust anyway, and roddy white is going to play second fiddle to julio jones in a new offense. Want to believe in Quick based on what we saw last year before he was hurt, plus an upgrade in QB and will be their #1 wr, and Johnson is also in a better QB situation now

yes, I would be on the receiving end of Johnson and Quick. sorry, didn't make that clear.

Of the 4, DJax has the best chance to be a WR2 or better - the others are all WR3 with limited upside. Johnson is going to be better than White this year, but not by a lot.

Lots of people buying Quick, Jeff Fishers offenses are not likely going to generate 4000+ passing yards, and there are a lot of bodies to go around for these balls from Foles. I would probably take Britt as the high receiver on the team, then Quick, then its a toss-up, maybe Givens, maybe Bailey - Austin will get his touches, but not enough to warrant drafting.

Of the 4, DJax has the best chance to be a WR2 or better - the others are all WR3 with limited upside. Johnson is going to be better than White this year, but not by a lot.

Lots of people buying Quick, Jeff Fishers offenses are not likely going to generate 4000+ passing yards, and there are a lot of bodies to go around for these balls from Foles. I would probably take Britt as the high receiver on the team, then Quick, then its a toss-up, maybe Givens, maybe Bailey - Austin will get his touches, but not enough to warrant drafting.

Quick is the #1 in STL and I don't think its even close. Pending health, he will be a low end WR2 this year and is amazing value from what his current ADP is (probably not even drafted in most leagues)

Does anyone here have any idea what's going to happen with Detroit's RBs? Joique Bell or Abdullah? Is Doug Martin worth picking up? All these are available in my league and I need someone to play during Le'Veon Bell's suspension.

Does anyone here have any idea what's going to happen with Detroit's RBs? Joique Bell or Abdullah? Is Doug Martin worth picking up? All these are available in my league and I need someone to play during Le'Veon Bell's suspension.

Abdullah is the starter with Riddick getting touches til Joique Bell is 100% back from injury.

Quick is the #1 in STL and I don't think its even close. Pending health, he will be a low end WR2 this year and is amazing value from what his current ADP is (probably not even drafted in most leagues)

Uh, the guy just started practicing last week - I would highly disagree with almost everything you said here. But, hopefully I'm wrong for all the Quick owners.

Low end #2 is 1000-1100 yards with 7-10 TDs. His good games last year were against the Bucs, Eagles and Vikings - two terribad defenses and a game where they lost 34-6, I would not buy him yet. But again, I very well could be wrong.

Abdullah is the starter with Riddick getting touches til Joique Bell is 100% back from injury.

Based on everything I have read, expect Bell to be the 1st & 2nd down back, with Abdullah as the change of pace and Riddick playing sparingly on 3rd downs.

Doug Martin is definitely worth owning and shocked he is available - he likely is the lead in an RBBC with Sims, but definitely a chance Sims overtakes him this year.

Based on everything I have read, expect Bell to be the 1st & 2nd down back, with Abdullah as the change of pace and Riddick playing sparingly on 3rd downs.

Doug Martin is definitely worth owning and shocked he is available - he likely is the lead in an RBBC with Sims, but definitely a chance Sims overtakes him this year.

Caldwell said yesterday that Joique isn't 100% and they'll limit his touches, but I expect you're right for the majority of the season. I still expect Abdullah to break through.

Bell is always dinged, and coming of achilles and knee injuries. As an Abdullah owner, I am planning on Bell either not staying healthy, and/or Abdullah winning the job outright. I do plan on playing Andre Ellington until the Detroit situation becomes clear.

Caldwell said yesterday that Joique isn't 100% and they'll limit his touches, but I expect you're right for the majority of the season. I still expect Abdullah to break through.

Oh yeah, I left that part out - I meant to say after Bell is ready to go. My bad.

8 team league? 10 team all 1992 high school grads?

#nosat

I would imagine Martin would not be available in a standard 8 team league - guessing its like one of those only 1 RB starts with 1 flex or something. Martin should be drafted as a low end RB2/high end RB3, which would be owned in pretty much every league that starts 2 RBs.

Also, in a standard redraft, I would take Bell over Abdullah, Abdullah may take over the #1 spot, but likely won't until late in the season if Bell is hurt. I would love to be in a league where I could even make that waiver wire choice...

Drop Reggie Bush to pick up Charles Sims, yes (or Woodhead)?

.5PPR, .5/first down

Looking for RB3 for bye weeks, maybe an occasional Flex

Last edited:
8 team league? 10 team all 1992 high school grads?

#nosat

I would imagine Martin would not be available in a standard 8 team league - guessing its like one of those only 1 RB starts with 1 flex or something. Martin should be drafted as a low end RB2/high end RB3, which would be owned in pretty much every league that starts 2 RBs.

Also, in a standard redraft, I would take Bell over Abdullah, Abdullah may take over the #1 spot, but likely won't until late in the season if Bell is hurt. I would love to be in a league where I could even make that waiver wire choice...

It is a standard 8 team league, but we had our draft over 3 weeks ago (!?!), before Martin looked good in the preseason. I was shocked he was available and that's one of the reasons I asked. I was wondering what was wrong with him.

I picked Abdullah(again, not drafted b/c our draft was too early, before Abdullah exploded onto the scene) over J. Bell b/c I really need someone for the first 2 weeks.

This is the first time I've been in an 8 team league (usually 12), and I am surprised how many solid/good players are available. After my draft, I thought I would dominate, but then I noticed that 3 other teams in the league are pretty stacked (and a couple of the other owners are idiots).

Here is my 10 team .5 PPR league team. I severely underestimated the cost of decent QBs late (two QB league).

Necessary Buffness
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick 1
RB Doug Martin 6
RB LeGarrette Blount 7
RB/WR Jordan Matthews 27
WR T.Y. Hilton 47
WR Julio Jones 75
WR Randall Cobb 60
TE Rob Gronkowski 61
OP Colin Kaepernick 2
D/ST Dolphins D/ST 1
K Mason Crosby 1
BE Bishop Sankey 2
BE Charles Johnson 3
BE Duke Johnson 1
BE Marcus Mariota 1
BE Matt Jones 1
BE Jerick McKinnon 1
BE Mark Sanchez 1
BE David Johnson 1
BE Stevie Johnson 1
Total: 300
Remaining: 0

Would you trade Gronk for Dez and Delanie Walker (I currently have Gronk)?

Back