• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Would you trade Gronk for Dez and Delanie Walker (I currently have Gronk)?

No. Per those that used VORP, Gronk is special. His ppg ad over the next best TE >>> Dez's ppg ad over the WR you would no longer start.
Also, you don't want to be on the receiving end of 2 for 1's most of the time. Trading one dime for two nickels.

Whats the word on Brandon Lafell. I drafted him late in my main league, and at the time they were expecting him to be ready for week 1. Now there is no information coming out about him from the Patriots. Good thing or bad thing? With Brady back to start the season it would be nice if LaFell didn't start on the PUP.

Drop Reggie Bush to pick up Charles Sims, yes (or Woodhead)?

.5PPR, .5/first down

Looking for RB3 for bye weeks, maybe an occasional Flex

thoughts? I'm thinking Woodhead might be a better deal, but either is better than Bush. Sims may have a higher ceiling though, but Woodhead will probably have more consistent output if Martin does ok.

Make the deal. Dez is pretty close to value for gronk and you get a top 10 TE as a bonus. Your WR are pretty shaky.

No. Per those that used VORP, Gronk is special. His ppg ad over the next best TE >>> Dez's ppg ad over the WR you would no longer start.
Also, you don't want to be on the receiving end of 2 for 1's most of the time. Trading one dime for two nickels.

Depending on the other receivers he has, it could be more like trading a quarter for a quarter and a dime.

Bryant will most likely outscore Gronk, and Walker could be a top 5 TE this season.

How'd I do, y'all? Everybody is on the east coast, so I drafted with about a hand of bourbon in me before dinner:

10 Team League, ESPN

QB1: Tom Brady
QB2: Sam Bradford
RB1: Eddie Lacy
RB2: Joseph Randle
WR1: Randall Cobb
WR2: Jordan Matthews
WR3: Sammy Watkins
TE: Greg Olsen
FLEX: Nelson Agholor
D/ST: Panthers
Bench: Richard Rogers
Bench: Devonta Freeman
Bench: Eddie Royal
Bench: David Johnson
Bench: Brandon Coleman
Bench: David Cobb

Last edited:
Pretty good...thin at RB, young at WR, but if things go right, that could be a dangerous team, especially if the Eagles/Bradford light it up.

Who would win this trade?

Side A gets: Tony Romo, Marshawn Lynch, Cody Latimer
(other QBs: Bridgewater&Jameis; other RBs: Randle, Matthews, McFadden, Tevin Coleman, Turbin; other WRs: Watkins, Terrance Williams, Brandon Coleman)

Side B gets: Peyton, DeMarco Murray, Jarvis Landry
(other QBs: none; other RBs: Hyde, Crowell, Hillman, Matt Jones, Andre Williams, Woodhead; other WRs: Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Funchess, Charles Johnson, Brian Quick)

What if side B got Sammy Watkins instead of Jarvis Landry? Better for B? Better for A? Push?

OH! And it is a keeper league. Relevant keeper values for next season (never too early to think about that, I suppose...:
Lynch cannot be kept
Peyton cannot be kept, probs retiring anyway
DeMarco - 3rd rounder next year (can be kept a total of 3 more years, 2nd in 2years, 1st in 3)
Landry -- 7th rounder next year -- 5th in 2, 4th in 3, etc.
Latimer -- 12th next year -- 9th in 2, 7th in 3, 5th in 4, 4th in 5, 3rd in 6, etc.

Watkins, if traded inserted in Landry's place -- 4th next year, 3rd in 2, 2nd in 3, 1st in 4

Last edited:
Depending on the other receivers he has, it could be more like trading a quarter for a quarter and a dime.

Bryant will most likely outscore Gronk, and Walker could be a top 5 TE this season.

thefootballguys has Gronk at 12 ppg, Walker at 6 ppg, Dez at 14 ppg. His WR needs to be 14-6=8 ppg to be even. An 8 ppg WR is Jarvis Landry or Charles Johnson.

I think the person making the offer knows the Pats are in full eff you mode, and will run up the score on whoever they can. Let's say Brady throws 40 TD's this year (normal is ~30, in 2007 he threw 50). Who is going to catch them all? Uhh... with those WR's, the good $$ is on Gronk.

Got the #2 pick in my draft next Wednesday. I think I'm just gonna take Luck. Because everytime I draft a RB early they massively underperform. Also I'm a little #nervous about taking a WR or Gronk so early.

thefootballguys has Gronk at 12 ppg, Walker at 6 ppg, Dez at 14 ppg. His WR needs to be 14-6=8 ppg to be even. An 8 ppg WR is Jarvis Landry or Charles Johnson.

I think the person making the offer knows the Pats are in full eff you mode, and will run up the score on whoever they can. Let's say Brady throws 40 TD's this year (normal is ~30, in 2007 he threw 50). Who is going to catch them all? Uhh... with those WR's, the good $$ is on Gronk.

14ppg for Dez?

That's a total of 224 points for the year...he had over 300 last year. and like 280 the year before.

Got the #2 pick in my draft next Wednesday. I think I'm just gonna take Luck. Because everytime I draft a RB early they massively underperform. Also I'm a little #nervous about taking a WR or Gronk so early.

Take Lacy or Lynch, I think you'd be safe there.

I would go Lacy, then AP. Green Bay offense keeps defenses honest, but will score a lot. Lack of Jordy means more opportunities for Lacy, imho. Also, there has not been a repeat leading rusher or fantasy highest scorer since either LT or Emmitt. Pick someone new.

Pretty good...thin at RB, young at WR, but if things go right, that could be a dangerous team, especially if the Eagles/Bradford light it up.

Do you think I should try to trade for another RB? I love Randle's upside, but the red flags are pretty significant in this case.

I have had Lacy on my roster for the past 3 years and, barring last year's slow start, he has been consistently great for me. After finishing second in both of my leagues last year, I have two #1 picks and I plan to take Lacy with each.

Back