• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Back by popular demand.

Use this thread for all of your FF questions, bragging, trade scenarios, draft stories, predictions, etc.

Who do you all like for biggest draft bust? Biggest steal?

My friends are all getting together for our live draft on August 29th, keeper league, no PPR. I have the second overall pick (BOOM!). Heading over the Ravens/Redskins pre-season following the draft.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Is Sammy Watkins worth a keeper in the 6th round? I am worried about the vaunted Rex Ryan offense.

I kept him in the 7th or 8th round, can't remember. I also kept K Benjamin, which was a last round selection.

I kept him in the 7th or 8th round, can't remember. I also kept K Benjamin, which was a last round selection.

I can keep Forsett in the last round (14th), so I am planning on doing that I think. Other options are Hyde in the 12th or Matthews in the 11th.

I'm in a twelve team keeper league that drafts on August 10th. Per league rules, each team gets to keep four players - if you don't keep four players you get extra picks at the end. So, you really don't have any choice but to keep four players and, in essence, those become your first four draft picks. Then you draft as normal. You start 2-3 RBs and 2-3 WR/TEs. It's PPR.

My four keepers are Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Mike Evans and Cam Newton. I pick 5th and then again at 18th and I've all but made up my mind that I'm going RB at both spots unless something crazy happens. The following RBs are all in the draft pool and under consideration:

Mark Ingram
Joseph Randle
Justin Forsett
Latavious Murray
Andre Ellington
Frank Gore
Jonathon Stewart
Giovani Bernard
Alfred Morris
CJ Spiller

Along with all of the rookies. I'm leaning towards Randle with my 5th pick and then Melvin Gordon with my 18th. Looking at the roster of the folks picking 1-4, I don't see more than one RB (at most - maybe none) going before my first pick. Who knows for picks 6-17. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I would probably take Forsett, Gore and Ellington over Randle. Maybe even Bernard. With Trestman coming in, Forsett should put up monster numbers again. Gore has a very high floor, but maybe not as high a ceiling as Randle. Ellington is still feature back in AZ. Ingram had a great year last year too. Also, I wouldn't want Randle and Dez on my team. You lose if the Boys have a bad week.

Team from last year, get to keep 3. I have the last pick in the first round (10 team league), 1st in the second, etc. I can't keep Dez any more years - other keeper limits don't matter b/c we're expanding to 12 teams next year and redoing the way we're doing keepers, so a total redraft next year.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, Def, 1ppr

Tony Romo
Dez Bryant
Randall Cobb
Jordan Matthews
Demaryius Thomas
Zac Stacy
Ray Rice
Ryan Mathews
Doug Martin
Jamaal Charles
Montee Ball
CJ Anderson
Denard Robinson
Coby Fleener
Dwayne Allen
Connor Barth
NE Defense

I'm figuring DThomas, CJ Anderson, and Charles are the no brainers for keepers, right?

Ha. I picked up a lot of injured/suspended RBs at the end of the season when my roster was pretty set mainly for trade bait with other teams that may not have had great keepers. None of them look to return to prominence though. Oh Well. Best laid plans and all that.

Is Sammy Watkins worth a keeper in the 6th round? I am worried about the vaunted Rex Ryan offense.

I'm in a dynasty league and just traded for him, probably a poor trade but whatevs:

Gave up:
Matt Forte
Emmanuel Sanders
Nelson Agholor

Got:
Stafford
Watkins
Mark Ingram
2.05 / 2.06 rookie picks (likely two of these three David Johnson / Duke Johnson/ Breshad Perriman)
First round rookie pick next year
Second round rookie pick next year

Figuring Forte is has maybe 2 great years left and Sanders will fall off the map without Manning. Probably still sold too low.

Team from last year, get to keep 3. I have the last pick in the first round (10 team league), 1st in the second, etc. I can't keep Dez any more years - other keeper limits don't matter b/c we're expanding to 12 teams next year and redoing the way we're doing keepers, so a total redraft next year.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, Def, 1ppr

Tony Romo
Dez Bryant
Randall Cobb
Jordan Matthews
Demaryius Thomas
Zac Stacy
Ray Rice
Ryan Mathews
Doug Martin
Jamaal Charles
Montee Ball
CJ Anderson
Denard Robinson
Coby Fleener
Dwayne Allen
Connor Barth
NE Defense

I'm figuring DThomas, CJ Anderson, and Charles are the no brainers for keepers, right?

Yep, you got the right 3 - Cobb is close, but not better.

I would probably take Forsett, Gore and Ellington over Randle. Maybe even Bernard. With Trestman coming in, Forsett should put up monster numbers again. Gore has a very high floor, but maybe not as high a ceiling as Randle. Ellington is still feature back in AZ. Ingram had a great year last year too. Also, I wouldn't want Randle and Dez on my team. You lose if the Boys have a bad week.

I have a good enough core to think "win now" but the temptation is there to believe that Randle could end this season as a keeper for next year if things break right. I'm not really concerned about having another Dallas player paired with Dez - he doesn't have many off games regardless of how the Cowboy's offense fairs as a unit.

Forsett, Gore, Ellington and Ingram (who was on my team last year and dropped) are definitely in the discussion. I don't like Bernard at all due to the backfield timeshare.

First overall pick in a PPR league. Charles or Le'Veon Bell? Is Peterson in the discussion?

My best keeper value is at WR (probably Benjamin and Manny Sanders) and am thinking of trading one for a pick in an effort to get an additional high draft pick.
Let's assume I can get an extra third/fourth for one of those guys. If you and I were dealing, what package of picks would you want from me in exchange for your second rounder?

I'm in a dynasty league and just traded for him, probably a poor trade but whatevs:

Gave up:
Matt Forte
Emmanuel Sanders
Nelson Agholor

Got:
Stafford
Watkins
Mark Ingram
2.05 / 2.06 rookie picks (likely two of these three David Johnson / Duke Johnson/ Breshad Perriman)
First round rookie pick next year
Second round rookie pick next year

Figuring Forte is has maybe 2 great years left and Sanders will fall off the map without Manning. Probably still sold too low.

I like the trade for you. Forte won't catch nearly as many passes in the new offense.

Wow; great thread. Thanks in advance for the help.

I am in 12 team, 2 keeper League.

I have 3 potential keepers; P. Manning, Odell Beckham and AP. Who would u drop? I draft #6.

Thanks.

Back