• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially OFFICIAL 2015/16 Champions League Thread (NWT) (Non-Scouse Thread)

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
Man United's return from a brief David Moyes inspired hiatus from the Champions League starts in an hour vs Club Brugge

United XI: Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Memphis, Januzaj, Rooney
subs: Johnstone, Valencia, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Fellaini, Young, Chicharito

Brugge XI: Some dude I've never heard of; Some dude I've never heard of, Some dude I've never heard of, Some dude I've never heard of, Some dude I've never heard of; Some dude I've never heard of, Some dude I've never heard of, Some dude I've never heard of; Some dude I've never heard of, Some dude I've never heard of, Some dude I've never heard of

Is Phil Jones hurt? Odd that United has no defenders on its bench.

Do you know who scored that goal for Brugge ?

SOME DUDE I'VE NEVER HEARD OF !

Nice assist for Blind out of the CB spot too...

This is probably why LvG manages Manchester United and I don't.

Then again... I never would have moved Memphis from the LW spot to the #10 role like LvG did in the preseason. Memphis back there now and has 2 goals in the first half.

Put me in charge, Ed!

Then again... I never would have moved Memphis from the LW spot to the #10 role like LvG did in the preseason. Memphis back there now and has 2 goals in the first half.

Put me in charge, Ed!

Memphis has looked mostly uncomfortable in that spot in the first two premier league games. All due respect to Brugge but Memphis in the no . 10 role is not yet a success.

Memphis has looked mostly uncomfortable in that spot in the first two premier league games. All due respect to Brugge but Memphis in the no . 10 role is not yet a success.

Memphis played the 10 vs Tottenham but was moved back to the LW vs Aston Villa on Friday with Januzaj playing the 10. The same lineup as today.

Memphis was much more dangerous vs Villa than Spurs. He should have had a goal vs Villa in fact when Mata played him clean through and he just missed with a right footed curler.

And I agree Memphis in the 10 is not a success. Which is why I'm glad he is back to playing as an inverted winger.

Depay strikes me as a player that could be more useful as a traditional winger than an inverted winger. He doesn't get that many assists, does he? And his right foot is far stronger than his left, no?

A trend I've never really understood, outside of a few good years of Robben.

If someone doesn't get many assists but gets lots of goals then an inverted winger makes more sense than a traditional winger, no?

If someone doesn't get many assists but gets lots of goals then an inverted winger makes more sense than a traditional winger, no?

Idk about more sense, it depends on what you're looking for from your player.

Idk about more sense, it depends on what you're looking for from your player.

I'm looking to get the most out of my player. If my player is more of a goal scorer than creator then I'm going to play him in a role that allows him to do what he is better at.

I'm looking to get the most out of my player. If my player is more of a goal scorer than creator then I'm going to play him in a role that allows him to do what he is better at.

I should have said what you're looking for from your team too. If you're a team that goes wide so it can cross it in to big bruisers, a traditional winger makes more sense. If you're a team that plays wide so it can score from wide, inverted wingers make a lot of sense (if they're good enough to score goals).

I just haven't seen it work enough.

Back