• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I think he also picked up an LSU offer as well per Twitter. Hopefully we can hold onto him.

Also, with Hendon Hooker committing to VT, he appears to be strongly recruiting Madison Cone to the Hokies. Not sure how involved we are with him though.

Also, with Hendon Hooker committing to VT, he appears to be strongly recruiting Madison Cone to the Hokies. Not sure how involved we are with him though.

We're still heavily involved with Cone.

It's down to VT, dook, and WFU. I don't see him being successful at VT- he's kind of small compared to Bud Foster's usual recruits. I think he would do well at Wake or dook. He's great defending the pass and a little weak with open field tackling. I think he would develop nicely here but would get lost in the shuffle at VT.

He's a great basketball player- part of CP3 elite.

Cone picked up an offer from Mississippi State today.

One time 2015 commit Lee Autry committed to Mississippi State after spending one year at JuCo.

Duke just landed a commit from a TE with 20 P5 offers (including Alabama and Ohio State). Second year in a row they have pulled in a highly touted TE.

Puke on dook- with all the new coaches in the Coastal, dook will soon once again be dook.

Duke just landed a commit from a TE with 20 P5 offers (including Alabama and Ohio State). Second year in a row they have pulled in a highly touted TE.

Didn't hold onto him last time though (assuming you are talking about Tyler Petite)

They have been kicking our butt in recruiting though.

Last edited:
Didn't hold onto him last time though (assuming you are talking about Tyler Petite)

They have been kicking our butt in recruiting though.

Every time I see that Duke grabs a highly regarded FB recruit, the madder I get that Grobe totally fumbled the post Orange Bowl era of Wake football.

Wake offered QB Tommy DeVito (Don Bosco Prep / Ramsey, NJ) tonight. DeVito isn't highly regarded by Rivals, but has P5 offers from Syracuse, Boston College, Maryland and Rutgers (as well as 9 non-P5 offers). DeVito is also very much in the mix for a Michigan State offer. DeVito and Taylor Powell appear to be the QBs to watch right now.

Every time I see that Duke grabs a highly regarded FB recruit, the madder I get that Grobe totally fumbled the post Orange Bowl era of Wake football.

And he did it while most of the fanbase believed he couldn't have done any better.

Wake offered QB Tommy DeVito (Don Bosco Prep / Ramsey, NJ) tonight. DeVito isn't highly regarded by Rivals, but has P5 offers from Syracuse, Boston College, Maryland and Rutgers (as well as 9 non-P5 offers). DeVito is also very much in the mix for a Michigan State offer. DeVito and Taylor Powell appear to be the QBs to watch right now.

From 1 week ago....

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...osco-prep-qb-tommy-devito-poised-for-stardom/

Excerpt: Up to this point; Yale, Toledo, Temple, Syracuse, Pennsylvania, Monmouth, Maryland, Buffalo, Bucknell, Bowling Green and Boston College have made offers to the Bosco star and on March 7, hometown Rutgers University made the latest offer to DeVito.

DeVito has a connection to the Piscataway school and has a strong relationship with former Scarlet Knight quarterback Mike Teel, who is the current offensive coordinator at Bosco.

"It is definitely one of the big reasons Rutgers is one of my top choices," DeVito said. "I really would love to represent my home state and have my friends and family who have supported me throughout my career to come and see me play. Mike Teel has been great for me in every way, he of course loves Rutgers, and he is someone I will turn to for advice once I am done visiting all the schools."

Yep, Grobe disinterest and Wellman no oversight or management. The OB was the opening that we Wake football fans had been waiting for, for decades. Unbelievable bungling by all involved. Now we're so far behind lowly Duke -- which has made hay on their success -- that we face a long, long trudge uphill to just compete with them one day hopefully. Can't forgive the lack of vision by Wake.

I don't know if our recruiting rankings stayed the same after the OB but I definitely feel like there was a lot of excitement over the level of recruits we were bringing in, especially from Jacksonville. They just all simultaneously sucked.

Our recruiting as well as strength and conditioning and facilities are much better now than they were a few years ago.
Within 1 or 2 years, we will be equal to or better than Duke.
(seems funny to even say that, but, to be honest, they've really had a good run the last few years)

Recruiting services needed to make more money so they doubled the amount of 3 stars they gave out. A 3 star in 2016 is not the same as a 3 star in 2006.

Braden Atkinson has committed to Wake. 6'4 TE from Baltimore. Same HS as Dom Maggio. Had offers from Old Dominion and Fordham. Not yet rated on Rivals. Picked up his offer from Wake just yesterday and apparently jumped on it.

Back