• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

So he's the backup.

Scout posted a story on QB Daulton Hyatt (see my short writeup on Hyatt that I posted on the previous page in this thread). He confirmed that Wake leads. Said some very encouraging things like "I fell in love with Wake Forest when I was there". Said that he likes Ole Miss and they would have a chance to join Wake at the top of list if they offer.

Having a QB with multiple P5 offers leaning Wake early in the cycle is a very interesting development.

He looks similar to....well...none of our existing QBs. Or Jamie Newman. Hyatt is a legit 6'4. He's thin. Like 176 pounds thin. But obviously just a high school junior, so you wouldn't think that would be a problem if he has the frame to put on weight. He looks like a pro-style QB, but he has run often and effectively. Most schools will make a number of QB offers in December and January, so the fact that he already has multiple P5 offers is telling.

He camped at Wake, so the staff has seen him throw. They have a reliable 40 time. If the staff liked him enough to offer in the summer before his junior year then count me as #HyattIn.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1253550/daulton-hyatt

Being a 6'4, 182 QB in the SEC sounds painful.

Being a 6'4, 182 QB in the SEC sounds painful.

seeing how that size is during his junior year in HS, and it will be two more years before he enrolls in college, it is pretty reasonable to expect some added pounds before then. Adding 30 lbs in two years at this time in his life is a pretty reasonable prospect. Even moreso if he is able to redshirt his first year. That would give him three years. A 6-4, 220 lb quarterback would look pretty good on any field in any league.

I just said it would be painful. No doubt he can fill out over a few years.

West Virginia has offered Daulton Hyatt. Also Hyatt visited Ole Miss this weekend.

Curious how much of an Ohio connection Clawson was able to bring with him. I feel like if we Could land 1-2 OL from Ohio every year, that would pay dividends for us. Granted they are lesser heralded kids but the talent pool is very deep.

Curious how much of an Ohio connection Clawson was able to bring with him. I feel like if we Could land 1-2 OL from Ohio every year, that would pay dividends for us. Granted they are lesser heralded kids but the talent pool is very deep.

Yes, Ohio is in the picture. I consider it a secondary recruiting area for the staff. It seems like Coach Tabacca heads up there at least twice a year and makes a handful of offers. Mostly private school kids in the Cincinnati area. Included some OLs and TEs last year. The only Ohio commit in the 16 class was from Columbus.

Two of WF's better o-lineman in the early Grobe years were from Ohio: Blake Lingruen and Steve Vallos. Both may have been Caldwell recruits.

Both were great players. I remember the ECU game in 2005 and Steve had close to 25 knockdown blocks. Hey was a road grader if he ever had one.

Please recruit some OL players that can block. They will get immediate playing time. Because we don't have any now who can block

Attention turns back to 2017 recruiting this week. With the team on bye next weekend look for the assistant coaches to head to their respective recruiting areas to work on the 2017 class. I would expect that each coach will be on the road 1-2 days this week. I also expect our coaching staff to attend some high school games on Friday.

Back