• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Not trying to steal your thunder 94. Just postin profiles and highlights. Hope you don't mind. Waiting for your write up

New LB coach is already paying dividends.
In all seriousness, can that offer list be real?!?

Not trying to steal your thunder 94. Just postin profiles and highlights. Hope you don't mind. Waiting for your write up

Post away. Not someone I had on the radar. I'm shocked. Won't be able to research until later.

Damni Neal and Aiden Brown are two guys that attended junior day

OK. It didn't take long to research Jamal Riggins. There's not much info out there. Here is what I know:

There was a tweet that he was offered by Wake today. He must have accepted on the spot.

The only offer that he tweeted himself before today was South Carolina. All of the other offers were reported in a 247 article earlier this month. He told a 247 interviewer that he had visited N.C. State and planned to visit Miami and FSU later this spring. There is another article saying he attended South Carolina's Junior Day.

He has very few college coaches following him on Twitter, but the ones that do are very legit. Multiple South Carolina coaches (including their DC), Miami's DC, two NCSU assistants and Clemson's recruiting coordinator. Those are some legit coaches following him.

Bottom line is I think 247 has some bad info re: his offers, but I'm also guessing that this is an under-the-radar guy that we got at the right time. There were clearly some major programs involved at some level.

OK. It didn't take long to research Jamal Riggins. There's not much info out there. Here is what I know:

There was a tweet that he was offered by Wake today. He must have accepted on the spot.

The only offer that he tweeted himself before today was South Carolina. All of the other offers were reported in a 247 article earlier this month. He told a 247 interviewer that he had visited N.C. State and planned to visit Miami and FSU later this spring. There is another article saying he attended South Carolina's Junior Day.

He has very few college coaches following him on Twitter, but the ones that do are very legit. Multiple South Carolina coaches (including their DC), Miami's DC, two NCSU assistants and Clemson's recruiting coordinator. Those are some legit coaches following him.

Bottom line is I think 247 has some bad info re: his offers, but I'm also guessing that this is an under-the-radar guy that we got at the right time. There were clearly some major programs involved at some level.

Time to play defense for a looooong time.

He's not Tim Riggins, but I will take him. :) Awesome get.

Here is a further build out of the Junior Day info. I’m still trying to confirm a few other visitors. I will take an even closer look at the newly offered recruits over the next few days.

HEADLINERS / BIG OFFER SHEETS

DE Jordan Williams (Frank Cox HS / Virginia Beach, VA) - #96 in the country according to RankByOffers.com. Rivals 4-star and the #11 overall strongside DE in the country. 16 P5 offers, including Notre Dame, USC (yes, that USC), Georgia, Tennessee, UNC, Clemson and Penn State. On the bright side, he attended a game at Wake last season, is friends with LaRonde Liverpool, and tweets some pro-Wake staff. He’s on my list in the OP.

CB Yusuf Corker (Woodland HS / Stockbridge, GA) – #147 overall in the country according to RankByOffers.com (**note: there is some confusion about his offer list though**). Rivals 3-star (5.7) and the #35 overall cornerback in the country. His exact offer sheet is a mystery because he has only recently started tweeting about his recruitment. Rivals has Corker with 13 P5 offers, which is almost certainly overstated. Scout has him with 4 P5 offers - Clemson, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Virginia Tech. 247 has him with 9 P5 offers – Duke, Kentucky, Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech, UNC, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech. Wake has also offered his teammate, Tre Allen. Wake appears to be the early leader.

DE Mike Allen (Lanier HS / Buford, GA) - #203 overall in the country according to RankByOffers.com. Rivals #19 weakside DE in the country. Has 9 P5 offers, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia, UNC and Tennessee, however he just named Wake Forest his leader last week. He has Georgia and Tennessee tied at #2.

OT Marcus Minor (DeMatha HS / Hyattsville, MD) - #251 overall in the country according to RankByOffers.com. Rivals 4-star and #29 offensive tackle in the country. Minor has already visited Maryland, UNC, Virginia and Virginia Tech. All four of those schools have offered. Has one Crystal Ball for Maryland, but that dates back to last September.

DE Tyree Johnson (St. John’s College HS / Washington, D.C.) – #264 overall in the country according to RankByOffers.com. Rivals 3-star (5.7). Johnson actually made my list in the OP before he blew up. Wake was his 4th P5 offer on January 28. He is now up to 9 P5 offers after picking up offers from schools like Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M. Naturally, Rivals upgraded him from a 5.6 to a 5.7 after he received the SEC offers. From the same HS as Scotty Washington.

S Damani Neal (The Bullis School / Potomac, MD) - #277 overall in the country according to RankByOffers.com. Rivals 3-star (5.6) and #16 overall recruit in Maryland. 12 P5 offers, including Penn State, Duke, Stanford and Wisconsin. Has 11 Crystal Ball predictions for Penn State.

ALREADY HAD OFFERS AND WERE ALREADY ON MY BOARD (more info and links are in the OP)

QB Taylor Powell (Fayetteville, AR) – Also has offers from Maryland and Illinois. Reportedly attracting increased interest from Alabama, Auburn and Arkansas.

WR Khalil Newton (Stone Mountain, GA) – 3-star with offers from Kentucky and N.C. State

OL Dmitri Emmanuel (Waxhaw, NC) – 3-star. #16 OG in the country. Other offers from BC and UNC.

DE Brad Johnson (Pendleton, SC) – Rivals #15 weakside DE in the country. Also has offers from Duke and South Carolina. He was at South Carolina’s Junior Day last weekend.

DE Cortez Alston (Atlanta, GA) 3-star. Also has offers from BC, Cal, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

LB Tyler Taylor (Buford, GA) – Rivals #17 ILB in the country. Also has offers from Kentucky, Louisville and Oklahoma State. Teammates with top target DE Mike Allen.

LB Tre Allen (Stockbridge, GA) – No Rivals profile yet. No other P5 offers. Offered by Troy last week.

CB Trey Creamer (Cartersville, GA) – No Rivals profile. No other P5 offers. Was offered by Central Michigan last week.

CB Troy Simon (Alpharetta, GA) – 3-star. Also has P5 offers from Illinois, Maryland and Cal. His Cal offer was in the last 48 hours. Same high school as Tyler Watson.

S Zay Brown (Athens, GA) – Unrated. No other P5 offers.

S Michael Carter II (Douglasville, GA) – Unrated. Also has a Duke offer. Is believe to be a priority target for Duke.

OFFERED BY WAKE YESTERDAY

WR Chad Terrell (Dallas, GA) – 3-star (5.6). Rivals #63 overall recruit in Georgia. A recruit that has been on my radar for a while, I thought he was going to come to Wake’s Junior Day with no P5 offers, but then he went on a roll with South Carolina (February 13), Kansas State (February 18) and Illinois (February 18). Took an unofficial visit to Georgia last week.

OL Gabe Huoy (Pittsburgh, PA) – 3-star. Has been on a run with offers lately: Maryland (February 10) and Louisville (February 17). Hometown Pitt offered on June 8.

OL Zach Quinney (Savannah, GA) – 3-star (5.6). Recently picked up his first P5 offer from Georgia Tech.

LB Jamal Riggins (Sebastian, FL) – Unrated. COMMITTED TO WAKE FOREST.

OTHER NAMES TO KNOW (NO WAKE OFFER YET)

OL Jalen Jackson (Loganville, GA) – Played in Georgia’s Elite Junior Classic. 247 has him as the #29 OG in the country. Has offers from Georgia Southern and Boston College.

S Lummie Young (Anderson, SC) – Multi-sport athlete has an Old Dominion offer for football.

DB Kadarius Satterwhite (Newnan, GA)

DB Markus Vinson (Damascus, MD)

@94 if I was reading his tweet right, Yusuf Corker named us his leader. I posted it above.

I'm not saying Clawson will ever truly be successful here, but it's hard not to appreciate the well thought out long range planning and hard work that he and that staff put into recruiting.

He clearly has a plan for recruiting and program building. Not sure if it will work given his less than inspiring plan on the field.

Back