• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

His film looks impressive. Quick/fast for someone his height. Just add weight and you got a solid receiving TE.

Duke continues their hot streak with pulling a commit from stud safety Damani Neal. He visited us for our junior day a few weeks back. Kind of depressing they are able to pull in this caliber player while we struggle to bring in players with fewer offers. I guess it will come with time and a few winning seasons.

Every time I see that Duke grabs a highly regarded FB recruit, the madder I get that Grobe totally fumbled the post Orange Bowl era of Wake football.

Duke continues their hot streak with pulling a commit from stud safety Damani Neal. He visited us for our junior day a few weeks back. Kind of depressing they are able to pull in this caliber player while we struggle to bring in players with fewer offers. I guess it will come with time and a few winning seasons.

:rulz:

You guys would be a lot happier if you stopped paying attention to who Duke recruits.

Happier until Duke beats us in the Fall.

Why fixate on Duke instead of the rest of the conference? They'll get who they get.

Because we play Duke every year.
Because we used to own Duke.
Because our previous success kicked Duke into high gear and they're doing it better than we are.
Because Duke is doing what we want to do.

Because we play Duke every year. We play NC State, BC and Syracuse ever year as well and we're not getting a commit by commit update on their recruiting.
Because we used to own Duke. Whether we like it or not, part of the reason we owned them is because they were putting minimal effort into football.
Because our previous success kicked Duke into high gear and they're doing it better than we are. Yes.
Because Duke is doing what we want to do.That's great.

The Duke fixation is sad.

LOLs. It's the other NC private school in the ACC. They were obsessed with us when we were beating them. We're obsessed with them now that they're beating us. Both sides believe there's no reason they shouldn't beat the other. This is how rivalries work.

I brought it up because Neal was a recruit we appeared to be invested in, as he visited on junior day and had actually planned to visit for this weekend prior to canceling and committing to duke, so I see plenty of relevance as it relates to wake.

I brought it up because Neal was a recruit we appeared to be invested in, as he visited on junior day and had actually planned to visit for this weekend prior to canceling and committing to duke, so I see plenty of relevance as it relates to wake.

The truth is, everything Wake can do, Duke can do better.

LOLs. It's the other NC private school in the ACC. They were obsessed with us when we were beating them. We're obsessed with them now that they're beating us. Both sides believe there's no reason they shouldn't beat the other. This is how rivalries work.

It's only a rivalry in our minds.

Received crystal ball prediction from ecu writer for Brian Anderson on 247 yesterday. Offensive guard with multiple offers. Wake, ecu and unc are all "warm" on the site, but unc has not offered yet and he has stated the Tar Heels are the favorite. But still encouraging to get a crystal ball.

Our recruiting as well as strength and conditioning and facilities are much better now than they were a few years ago.
Within 1 or 2 years, we will be equal to or better than Duke.
(seems funny to even say that, but, to be honest, they've really had a good run the last few years)

Duke is upgrading its FB facilities too. But no plan for an indoor practice facility yet I don't believe

Duke is upgrading its FB facilities too. But no plan for an indoor practice facility yet I don't believe

They added an indoor practice facility several years ago. It has helped them achieve their current success.

It's only a rivalry in our minds.

It was only a rivalry in their minds when we beat them a dozen times in a row. Look at the box score from the game in Durham in 2003. 42-0 at halftime.

Last edited:
basketball futility hurts wake football terribly. I know we all know it, but I still dont believe RW believes the [Redacted] actually killed two sports. You win football recruiting battles with Duke if Wake basketball is in the NCAAs

basketball futility hurts wake football terribly. I know we all know it, but I still dont believe RW believes the [Redacted] actually killed two sports. You win football recruiting battles with Duke if Wake basketball is in the NCAAs

Starting in 2005, Duke has had better rated football recruiting classes than Wake on Rivals every year except 2008, 2010, and 2015. Wake didn't make the NCAA tourney in basketball any of the years they had better rated football classes than Duke.

Back