• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Rent free. Shut the fuck up about Duke and UNC, you pathetic, insecure NC natives. It is beyond sad to worry about what another program is doing when we are a complete laughingstock in both sports that matter.

Starting in 2005, Duke has had better rated football recruiting classes than Wake on Rivals every year except 2008, 2010, and 2015. Wake didn't make the NCAA tourney in basketball any of the years they had better rated football classes than Duke.

Not following how looking at where recruits go or class rankings in a certain year compared to the basketball teams performance that same year either validates or invalidates my statement since football recruits don't wait until March to make the decision where they will attend school in the Fall. If anything you point out that Duke consistently gets better football recruits than Wake, even when their football teams perform poorly. Could the consistent top performance of Duke basketball then play into the football recruits decision as I asserted?

It's only a rivalry in our minds.

We only beat them 12 straight fucking times. They copied WF and went further by dropping admissions standards. Listen to interviews with their football players now. They sound like UNC or Clemptsun players.

So Duke didn't change its admissions policies for football ?

You're the wrong one to use the academic argument. You're dumb as shit.

For this update of the Big Board I had to resort to spreadsheets. I’m a novice at posting spreadsheets on here, so I apologize for the formatting/appearance. I’ve posted below all the positions except CB and ATH. I will post those tomorrow. Hopefully these will be useful as we head into the key commitment months ahead.

slpt6u.jpg

2e0r12u.jpg

Pompey Coleman had some nice things to say about Wake in a new Scout article. It sounds like he made a two-day visit. I have to think he's got to be near the top of the staff's OL wish list.

Pompey Coleman had some nice things to say about Wake in a new Scout article. It sounds like he made a two-day visit. I have to think he's got to be near the top of the staff's OL wish list.

Another good reason to go into his back yard (almost) and beat Indiana in the fall.

Huge receiving stats and a NC kid. I like.
Decent size. What's his 40 time?

I honestly don't have a idea what it is. I just got the job but haven't got on campus yet. I have been watching flim of some of the kids. The head coach told me UNCC and Old Dominion are looking hard at him.

A general rule, I never post direct quotes from published articles but I’m going to do it here because I really want people to read this quote. I want say who it’s from, because that’s not important. I will say that it’s a 3-star high academic-type kid with multiple P5 options. He visited a number of P5 schools over his spring break. Here is what he said about Wake:

“Wake was the biggest surprise to me. The facilities that they’re building for a small school are impressive. I think what I’ve learned through this week is that you can’t pick a school based on facilities. They’ve all got them already or they’re breaking ground to stay in the arms race.

“Wake Forest had something special set up for us. All I will say is that Coach Dave Clawson is going to work on that program. He knows his stuff and I’d be surprised if he didn’t win.”

There are several points to make here:

1. The facilities comment is outstanding. We aren’t going to beat the Clemsons and Alabamas of the world in the facilities arms race (we aren’t going to beat those 2 programs for recruits either). My hope is that we can close enough to the big public schools that enough of these kids say “Wake’s facilities are close enough that I’m going to make my decision based on other factors”. I can’t understate how much facilities matter. These recruits are just about to start narrowing their lists and they are all taking campus tours to check out facilities. It’s the very first thing that most recruits talk about in interviews. Almost without exception.

2. Clawson continues to be convincing.

3. The “something special” is a comment I’ve heard before (for example, from Sulaiman Kamara). It shows that the staff is trying to be creative and different with some aspect of these unofficial visits. Some amount of uniqueness in approach is a MUST if Wake is going to be successful.

Great stuff. Go Deacs!

A general rule, I never post direct quotes from published articles but I’m going to do it here because I really want people to read this quote. I want say who it’s from, because that’s not important. I will say that it’s a 3-star high academic-type kid with multiple P5 options. He visited a number of P5 schools over his spring break. Here is what he said about Wake:

“Wake was the biggest surprise to me. The facilities that they’re building for a small school are impressive. I think what I’ve learned through this week is that you can’t pick a school based on facilities. They’ve all got them already or they’re breaking ground to stay in the arms race.

“Wake Forest had something special set up for us. All I will say is that Coach Dave Clawson is going to work on that program. He knows his stuff and I’d be surprised if he didn’t win.”

There are several points to make here:

1. The facilities comment is outstanding. We aren’t going to beat the Clemsons and Alabamas of the world in the facilities arms race (we aren’t going to beat those 2 programs for recruits either). My hope is that we can close enough to the big public schools that enough of these kids say “Wake’s facilities are close enough that I’m going to make my decision based on other factors”. I can’t understate how much facilities matter. These recruits are just about to start narrowing their lists and they are all taking campus tours to check out facilities. It’s the very first thing that most recruits talk about in interviews. Almost without exception.

2. Clawson continues to be convincing.

3. The “something special” is a comment I’ve heard before (for example, from Sulaiman Kamara). It shows that the staff is trying to be creative and different with some aspect of these unofficial visits. Some amount of uniqueness in approach is a MUST if Wake is going to be successful.

Great stuff. Go Deacs!

Generally, "something special" refers to hookers and blow. Good thing we are finally realizing what it takes to reach 17 year-old athletes.

Generally, "something special" refers to hookers and blow. Good thing we are finally realizing what it takes to reach 17 year-old athletes.

I knew somebody was going to go there. Sheesh.

Back