• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Agree on Burley or Monroe.
Not sure about Beal. We already have several good RBs with experience, plus Byrd who's a RS freshman.

Beal brings a different element to the backfield than any of our current backs which is why I think he'll play this season. He's a dynamic kid who can catch it out of the backfield, not really an asset any of our current backs have. I also think he's going to compete for both punt and kickoff return jobs.

I would put money on it that Dortch is going to return punts and kicks this year. Guy is dynamic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dortch is definitely electric and with a redshirt year hopefully he's added some much needed bulk. I'm just thinking with Beal being an EE, he and the RS freshmen will be going through their first spring session together in a few months, so Beal probably won't be too far behind and he's also a guy like Dortch that is dynamic with the ball in his hands. Beal's return in the Shrine Bowl was damn impressive. Regardless of who it is, I just hope we finally are able to field a competent return unit this year... we haven't had a big play threat in a long time (not to disrespect Armstrong and his big return in the Military Bowl).

Dortch is definitely electric and with a redshirt year hopefully he's added some much needed bulk. I'm just thinking with Beal being an EE, he and the RS freshmen will be going through their first spring session together in a few months, so Beal probably won't be too far behind and he's also a guy like Dortch that is dynamic with the ball in his hands. Beal's return in the Shrine Bowl was damn impressive. Regardless of who it is, I just hope we finally are able to field a competent return unit this year... we haven't had a big play threat in a long time (not to disrespect Armstrong and his big return in the Military Bowl).

Armstrong returned two for TDs that were called back last year. He showed some promise.

I have no idea if Beal will play this Fall. But the guy I am most excited to see is Byrd. I know high school tapes can be misleading, however he is the most exciting recruit that I have seen in a very long time.

Armstrong returned two for TDs that were called back last year. He showed some promise.[/QUOTE]

4 years, active for 49 games, no TDs, and all we can talk about was one return. The reason why we get so excited about freshmen is the dearth of productivity of the upperclassmen. If they don't produce quickly, it's on to the next 18 year old.

Not only does Byrd have tape to back him up but Clawson has raved about him in practice which is more important.

Beal brings a different element to the backfield than any of our current backs which is why I think he'll play this season. He's a dynamic kid who can catch it out of the backfield, not really an asset any of our current backs have. I also think he's going to compete for both punt and kickoff return jobs.

Sounds a lot like the word on Byrd

I just done see there being a need to burn a redshirt for Beal when RB is probably the deepest position we have on the team.

Premiere episode of QB1: Beyond the Lights featuring Wake commit Tayvon Bowers.

[h=1]QB1: Beyond the Lights[/h][h=2]E1 The Journey Begins - Part I[/h]

As their Senior year starts, Tate, Jake and Tayvon grapple with what it means to be a quarterback both on and off the field.
https://www.go90.com/a/sLgehOtJ-8Y

As their Senior year starts, Tate, Jake and Tayvon grapple with what it means to be a quarterback both on and off the field.

Yayvon had a great junior year but his stats were way down his senior year before he got hurt.

Bowers has trouble getting about of bed.

Martell uses hair spray.

Fromm it is, I guess.

Bowers has trouble getting about of bed.

Martell uses hair spray.

Fromm it is, I guess.

I watched the first 3 episodes. Interesting. Bowers looked like the weight of the world was on his shoulders, at least the weight of a town.

Back