• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIKITA WHITLOCK: waived / injury

They had a 3rd and 1 at one point and lined up Andre Williams (44) at FB in front of Jennings and gave the ball to Williams, who got stuffed. The play by play guy assumed that 49 was the FB and credited Nikita with the carry, and I figured that was his one and only carry of the season. Luckily replay confirmed it was Williams instead. Self-reporting cool story, Hansel.

Nikia, Ovie, To-Bo... Any other FB's I'm leaving out from the long list from Full Back University?

Unrelated, but I'd love to see how many players we have put in the NFL since 2000 and compare that to Duke, Vandy, Northwestern, and other private schools. I would think we are atop the list with the slew of players picked up on teams from 05-10.

Now Starting at FB for the NYG: NIKITA WHITLOCK!

You can easily look up NFL players by college. That should tell you much of what you want to know. Football reference has historical data as well.

As far as Wake FBs, there's a guy named Brian Piccolo.

A few weeks ago Nikita was a novelty in the NFL.
Now he's the real deal. His reputation is spreading fast and teams are having to prepare for him.
Love it.

You can easily look up NFL players by college. That should tell you much of what you want to know. Football reference has historical data as well.

As far as Wake FBs, there's a guy named Brian Piccolo.

Just re-watched Brian's Song for the 41st time last night. Hit me straight in the FEELS, as it should.

A few weeks ago Nikita was a novelty in the NFL.
Now he's the real deal. His reputation is spreading fast and teams are having to prepare for him.
Love it.

Yeah this is one of the most intriguing football stories of the season. If he continues this level of play ans racks up some solid stats without injury, then I see him having a long career in the league.

Anyone know if he's repping the Deacs when they do the starting lineups? I haven't been able to catch the beginning of any of his games yet.

The Sunday night game in the first week he wasn't in the intros, I think they went with 3 WRs (RIP Preston Parker). I think Sunday night and Monday night are the only games where the players announce.

Saw this on Twitter:

Nikita Whitlock snap count
FB: 13
DT: 8
ST: 23

I'm pretty sure Nikita now has more career NFL sacks than Jadeveon Clowney, in less career games.

in the last minute of play:
2nd and 10 at NYG 32

:)45) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass short middle to A.Dixon to NYG 18 for 14 yards (N.Whitlock). Caught at NYG 27.

Nikita chased him down 14 yards from the line of scrimmage

· 3rd and 5 at NYG 13

:)20) (Shotgun) T.Taylor sacked at NYG 27 for -14 yards (N.Whitlock).

I would call a 14 yard sack pretty damn HUGE ! !

Will the Giants figure out to use him from 2 point stance bouncing along line of scrimmage pre snap?

As I know you are all concerned, the assclowns at FedEx claim that the label came off the package to my jersey, so they lost it. They claim that it is in Charlotte somewhere in an auxiliary lost-and-found shipping depot but they can't exactly put their hands on it, but they are hoping to locate it in the next few days. It has now been almost 2 weeks since I ordered it. Much like Nikita's career, this jersey seems to be taking the long way around.

As I know you are all concerned, the assclowns at FedEx claim that the label came off the package to my jersey, so they lost it. They claim that it is in Charlotte somewhere in an auxiliary lost-and-found shipping depot but they can't exactly put their hands on it, but they are hoping to locate it in the next few days. It has now been almost 2 weeks since I ordered it. Much like Nikita's career, this jersey seems to be taking the long way around.

amazing_odd_interesting_funny_CastAway_2000_39_001_200907232240534410.jpg

Guys on the other threads who do everything based on statistics and odds are the same guys who wouldn't have offered Nikita a scholarship at Wake or a shot at the NFL.

Well done, Nikita - keep up the good work.

Back