• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse - Saturday, 12:30 PM on ESPN3, ACCN

We had better take fans and air conditioners . The Carrier Sauna has no AC and its suffocating in there this time of year.

No one here has a problem admitting that Wake was an awful football team last year.

You just have a problem admitting that Syracuse was also pretty bad last year.

3-9, 1-7 speaks for itself.

Listen - We were the best gosh darn 3-9 team in the country last year!

In all seriousness though, our offense was absolutely putrid last year. And, we know this, we had to live through it. I don't think it's debatable that two teams that not much is expected from will be squaring off on Saturday. That being said, I'm really interested in the game, I think it will speak pretty well to both of our trajectories.

And FWIW - all of the predictions seem to be Wake favored. Except for Vegas and syracusefan.com...

CUSE - 23
WF - 20

We had better take fans and air conditioners . The Carrier Sauna has no AC and its suffocating in there this time of year.

Can be absolutely brutal. Looks like mid-70's and overcast though so it might be decent in there. If the humidity spikes and the sun comes out though, it's on.

So why is there no AC? Not worth it for a few months of the year?

At least yall aren't southern baptists who do not like the Deacons and think yall are going to kick our ass

So why is there no AC? Not worth it for a few months of the year?

Incredibly ridiculous. An Air Conditioning Company is granted the Naming Rights to the Carrier Dome (Which was one of the first such deals I believe) and there's no AC in the place. You literally could not write something worse on the building. And if I'm a visitor thinking that Carrier is supplying AC, I think they suck. Terrible advertising.

Long time running joke. Similar to our G. Robinson stint.

So why is there no AC?

So why is there no AC?

From my understanding, the reason is similar to what you said, not worth it for the couple of months. The Carrier Dome sees the majority of use during the school year. During these months you would not have to worry about how hot it is outside for the most part. Usually by October the Carrier Dome is comfortable. I'm assuming they couldn't justify the cost for such a short time period annually.

Even still, that was a poor decision. When it gets packed for a huge basketball game or big late season football game, the temperature is still uncomfortable.

Awesome... If you're looking for a place to tailgate, hit the FINE LOT - it's our largest tailgate and opposing fans are ALWAYS welcome. There will be a lot of good people there.

Saturday is supposed to be Mid 70's with a chance of showers, so it may keep the Dome cool.

Texan Mark, one of our fan base's greatest assets has a great guide for out of towners - http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/ .....

Hope you enjoy the trip up, it should be alot of fun.

Did you come up in 2013?

The Bernie Fine lot? Will children be provided, or is it BYOBB (bring your own ball boy)?

Listen - We were the best gosh darn 3-9 team in the country last year!

In all seriousness though, our offense was absolutely putrid last year. And, we know this, we had to live through it. I don't think it's debatable that two teams that not much is expected from will be squaring off on Saturday. That being said, I'm really interested in the game, I think it will speak pretty well to both of our trajectories.

And FWIW - all of the predictions seem to be Wake favored. Except for Vegas and syracusefan.com...

CUSE - 23
WF - 20

Have you considered starting your front 7 on offense?

Not sure what the recognition comments or whatever are. I just noticed there were notifications on this site.

Got a couple comments telling me to "Go away" and "We don't want you here" from bernbp5 and Joshwake2013. Well guess what d-bags, I'm not going away. I'm here to talk football with the people who care to. I even intend to check in later in the year after we play each other. Like I said, I got no issues with Wake. Most of the people on here have been pretty cool, and hilarious. I intend to stick around.

I did enjoy reading are your comments about how horrid we are and how the Cuse should beat us by 30 on the Syracuse board. Those were nice.

We played 15 true freshman on Friday. Rhode Island did not pass the 50 yard line. We only gave up 4 rushing yards. Our freshman QB had two of his passes (he was 10-17) dropped by a backup Wideout, one of which was in the endzone. Your O-line is not very good and will struggle against our D-line. Our entire front 7 on defense is going to give you a lot of trouble. Wolford is gonna be pressured by our blitz-happy defense. Our eXpressback Erv Phillips is in a role similar to a Tavon Austin, he had two TDs before sitting for the second half. Our team is very young, but we are in year 3 of Shafer and his staff has finally gotten our roster stocked with guys who look like they belong in the ACC. We'll make some youth mistakes, but the athletic ability will be evident all over the field. I think you guys put up a better fight than last year where our 4th string QB rolled you at your own stadium, but I still think we win and cover the spread. I would be more worried if it was also Clawsons third year, but its not so Shafer has a whole extra year hes had to build his roster. Best of luck to you guys this Saturday. I'm hoping for a good game and no injuries.
Awesome scoop, thx

Is there still that Dome Ranger mascot guy or is that awful Mr. Orange whatever now in place ?

Well, I'm not here to take any shots or start any ruckus, because I've always liked Wake - it was actually one of the only three schools I ever really considered when I was in high school (but I always knew I'd wind up at Syracuse). Robert O'Kelley was one of my favorite basketball players growing up, as I'd watched him play AAU ball for Memphis Idlewild when I was about 12 or 13 and he was playing in a national 15-U tournament that my brother was participating in, and I'll fight anyone who says Timmy Duncan isn't the greatest power forward of all-time.

That all said, I have almost no clue what to expect this weekend. I think these two teams could not possibly be more similar if they tried. Good defenses, and offenses that were horrendous last year but showed signs of life against pretty much the worst possible competition in their season openers. Since others have talked about Eric Dungey, I do believe that he's easily the most talented QB on Syracuse's roster, including Terrel Hunt (please keep in mind "most talented" does not equate to "most ready to contribute"). That's not to say he's going to be an All-ACC kid this year, obviously. He's going to need a year or two to really develop, and I was hoping he'd have a chance to do that while redshirting. I also have nothing against Terrel Hunt, he's a great kid (seriously, if you feel so inclined, read about his background and what he's overcome...he's an extremely easy kid to root for, and the fact he's faced such terrible medical hardship the last two years is just not fair). But Dungey is more athletic (he was a basketball and track star in HS as well), and he's the smartest QB on the team (there's a reason Yale and Harvard wanted him). I've been very high on Dungey for a long time and, ultimately, think he'll be a great college QB. I'm just not sure how quickly he'll get there. I think a lot of people are overselling him for this year, but I think a line of 1800 yards with 12 TD/8 INT is very attainable.

Here's hoping for a good, entertaining, well played, injury free game on Saturday.

Back