• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse - Saturday, 12:30 PM on ESPN3, ACCN

Glad the injury happened early enough to where we've got some film on this dude.

Our schedule only looks more manageable given how we looked, how many of our opponents looked and factoring in injuries such as these. Particularly the first half of the schedule

We shall see. Don't want to jinx anything. Also, always hate to see college kids at any program w big injuries

Cuse opens as a 5.5 point favorite.

They have good LB's and a decent DL. They did not bring much in as far as true freshmen and this year is key for their coach, Scott Shafer. I don't think last year's game will mean much because it looks like we are greatly improved & have some key freshmen who are contributing who were not in there last year. Plus Wolford is definitely making good use of the first year under fire. I can see us pulling this one out.

They have good LB's and a decent DL. They did not bring much in as far as true freshmen and this year is key for their coach, Scott Shafer. I don't think last year's game will mean much because it looks like we are greatly improved & have some key freshmen who are contributing who were not in there last year. Plus Wolford is definitely making good use of the first year under fire. I can see us pulling this one out.

I came here with the intentions of not saying anything, but you couldn't be more wrong with the freshmen comment. True freshmen accounted for 350 yards of offense against URI. Eric Dungey will be under center and Jordan Fredericks will get a significant amount of carries on Saturday.

I came here with the intentions of not saying anything, but you couldn't be more wrong with the freshmen comment. True freshmen accounted for 350 yards of offense against URI. Eric Dungey will be under center and Jordan Fredericks will get a significant amount of carries on Saturday.

duty_calls.png

We played 15 true freshman on Friday. Rhode Island did not pass the 50 yard line. We only gave up 4 rushing yards. Our freshman QB had two of his passes (he was 10-17) dropped by a backup Wideout, one of which was in the endzone. Your O-line is not very good and will struggle against our D-line. Our entire front 7 on defense is going to give you a lot of trouble. Wolford is gonna be pressured by our blitz-happy defense. Our eXpressback Erv Phillips is in a role similar to a Tavon Austin, he had two TDs before sitting for the second half. Our team is very young, but we are in year 3 of Shafer and his staff has finally gotten our roster stocked with guys who look like they belong in the ACC. We'll make some youth mistakes, but the athletic ability will be evident all over the field. I think you guys put up a better fight than last year where our 4th string QB rolled you at your own stadium, but I still think we win and cover the spread. I would be more worried if it was also Clawsons third year, but its not so Shafer has a whole extra year hes had to build his roster. Best of luck to you guys this Saturday. I'm hoping for a good game and no injuries.

We played 15 true freshman on Friday. Rhode Island did not pass the 50 yard line. We only gave up 4 rushing yards. Our freshman QB had two of his passes (he was 10-17) dropped by a backup Wideout, one of which was in the endzone. Your O-line is not very good and will struggle against our D-line. Our entire front 7 on defense is going to give you a lot of trouble. Wolford is gonna be pressured by our blitz-happy defense. Our eXpressback Erv Phillips is in a role similar to a Tavon Austin, he had two TDs before sitting for the second half. Our team is very young, but we are in year 3 of Shafer and his staff has finally gotten our roster stocked with guys who look like they belong in the ACC. We'll make some youth mistakes, but the athletic ability will be evident all over the field. I think you guys put up a better fight than last year where our 4th string QB rolled you at your own stadium, but I still think we win and cover the spread. I would be more worried if it was also Clawsons third year, but its not so Shafer has a whole extra year hes had to build his roster. Best of luck to you guys this Saturday. I'm hoping for a good game and no injuries.

I anticipate our defense will surprise you, and hopefully your back-up QB.

I'm not sure anyone on the Wake side has any idea what to expect.

I expect Wolford will face a lot of pressure and success depends on him using his feet and finding Cam and his backs to bail him out.

I expect Wolford will face a lot of pressure and success depends on him using his feet and finding Cam and his backs to bail him out.

We've got to handle their blitz a few times early and make them pay with some big plays. Syracuse is going to get to him, but if we can handle it enough to allow him time to make them pay early, it will slow the blitz down.

Yeah, to be honest, most of our fanbase is taking a wait and see approach after how last season transpired. I'm assuming you guys are doing the same. Like you all, we definitely got to see a lot of potential, and also like you guys we were able to absolutely dominate a FCS team, which for both teams is promising in itself, lol. However, we realize that there is not much insight to be gained from destroying an inferior opponent, but like you guys hope is in the air and we are enjoying the moment!

I said it before the season started, we won't know what we have until after our first three games. I will say that our freshman QB Dungey is the best passer on the team, he was going to play in the game regardless but the coaches weren't ready to name him the starter. No choice now. He's also a mobile guy who runs around a 4.6. He ran for about 30 yards. Our o-line is very experienced, and we have depth there finally. We hope they can stay healthy and be consistent throughout the year. Injuries really destroyed this team last year, which had the talent to make another bowl game. Our defense was on the field for an average of 40 minutes a game last season, and still finished ranked 26th overall. Unfortunately we lost a lot of players from that group, but the young talent we have is more athletic then we've had in years and our defensive coaching staff is top notch.

We've got to handle their blitz a few times early and make them pay with some big plays. Syracuse is going to get to him, but if we can handle it enough to allow him time to make them pay early, it will slow the blitz down.

I agree with this, we will be bringing the heat as it's our scheme to employ multiple blitz packages. We have very good speed on the edge with our d-ends and linebackers too. I dont know how successful you guys are at running it, but a lot of teams in the past have at least somewhat neutralized the pressure with some well timed and executed screens.

If I remember correctly from last Thursday night, we now have a QB that can run when needed...........

I plan on wake making the cfb playoff this year, Syracuse is like a small bump on the road to glory

Back