• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse - Saturday, 12:30 PM on ESPN3, ACCN

1st conference game for 2 shitty teams... Anything could happen and I wouldn't be surprised.

Agree w/ Pilchard, though... On paper, it should be close. Slight edge to Wake given I think you can just throw out last year's drubbing and I suspect most gamblers won't.

Wolford was impressive last weekend, so was Hinton for that matter. We're both very young. I honestly have no idea what to expect this weekend. I'm going to guess something in the teens to low twenties and competitive. Could go either way.

Whoever does come out on top, is off to a fast start with some momentum behind them. If either team hopes to make a bowl, Saturday is critical.

Are Wake and Cuse the two worst P5 teams coming into the season?

Without spending much time on it, I think Purdue really sucked last year. Is SMU in the Big 12 now? They were awful. Eta: Pretty sure Vandy blows again now, too.

eta (again): http://lostlettermen.com/college-footballs-5-worst-power-5-teams-of-2015/

In the first week of F/+ rankings of the 128 FBS teams 'Cuse is 92 and Wake is 93. The only P5 teams lower are Colorado (98) and Kansas (117!!)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

So clearly Cuse and its 85-Bears front seven is going to slap us sideways.

SU is STOCKED!!1! with ACC talent! Both teams suck. I think we realize that we suck and are hoping for the best while maybe Syracuse fans are getting their hopes up more for their season.

I actually thought Marrone had SU heading in the right direction, then he bolts and Shafer took over. Shafter led them to a 3-9 season last year.

I actually thought Marrone had SU heading in the right direction, then he bolts and Shafer took over. Shafter led them to a 3-9 season last year.

We also had 17 pre-season starters miss 4 or more games last year and 3 did not start against R.I. and lost our Q.B for the year. The bad news for you guys is that we are getting our starting R.B and two D-Linemen back in time for kick-off.

Our interior D-Line played all freshmen Saturday to which we only gave up 4 rushing yards and the ones coming back as starters are the upper classmen.........

Last edited:
We also had 17 pre-season starters miss 4 or more games last year and 3 did not start against R.I. and lost our Q.B for the year. The bad news for you guys is that we are getting our starting R.B and two D-Linemen back in time for kick-off.

Our interior D-Line played all freshmen Saturday to which we only gave up 4 rushing yards and the ones coming back as starters are the upper classmen.........

Winners win and losers make excuses. Also, Syracuse was pretty bad from day one last year. Only beat Villanova by one in OT.

Running against Elon, and running against our front 7 are two very different things sir.

Hahaha. This guy for real? You do realize you played URI (1-11 last year). Everybody's front 7 looks good against glorified high school teams. At least wake fans are mostly objective when discussing our team.

O/U on how many rushing yards we put up on the '71 blackshirts this Saturday? I'll set it at -38 and take the under.

It's been so long since another fanbase showed up to post anything other than pity, that I kind of forgot what it sounded like.

win or lose, we don't have to deal with any blizzard threats in april like y'all do every year

Running against Elon, and running against our front 7 are two very different things sir.

cec09cf52ba43788984d5be6b8e4ab8c3863feb71f9ed551ffa5ebcc3da5b5d8.jpg

Back