• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse - Saturday, 12:30 PM on ESPN3, ACCN

Listen man, theres no need to keep arguing about this. I believe we have a very good front seven. Take it or leave it. This thread was fun and interesting until a couple posters got all defensive and started name calling, and putting words in my mouth. No wonder folks from other fanbases don't come around very often.

Exhibit A:

W5Z9iRt.png

What verb tense are you trying to use here?

This guy comes on here talking about the strengths and weaknesses of his team. One of the strengths is the front 7. He feels that way regardless of their performance against Rhode Island. Because it doesn't matter how they played against Rhode Island. Both parties agree on that point.

Oh, boo-hoo I gave Townie a neg rep, cry me a river. Nothing says I'm a huge dork like pulling the grammer police card.

Listen man, theres no need to keep arguing about this. I believe we have a very good front seven. Take it or leave it. This thread was fun and interesting until a couple posters got all defensive and started name calling, and putting words in my mouth. No wonder folks from other fanbases don't come around very often.

Nobody put words in your word, I quoted your own post.

I wouldn't let a couple idiots scare you away here. Good luck this weekend. Looking forward to a good game.

I mean, to be fair, you dropped multiple Rhode Island offense stats in the first line of your first post.

This is the Wake Forest board and even we aren't dropping Wolford's passing yards or our defensive stats against the FCS opponent we trounced.

It does deserve a little shit to be given. You can't drop those stats then say it doesn't affect your opinion of your d-line. If RI rushed for 425 yards would that have changed your opinion? Obviously.

That being said, your D-line is going to stomp us.

I mean, to be fair, you dropped multiple Rhode Island offense stats in the first line of your first post.

This is the Wake Forest board and even we aren't dropping Wolford's passing yards or our defensive stats against the FCS opponent we trounced.

It does deserve a little shit to be given. You can't drop those stats then say it doesn't affect your opinion of your d-line. If RI rushed for 425 yards would that have changed your opinion? Obviously.

Pretty much.

Townie drives off prolific posters but offers up full accommodation to outside posters that want to pretend their shitty team is all world.

That's how you started all this off about your great front 7, giving us stats from the Rhode Island game. I'm pretty sure all of us, except for Townie, are smart enough to look up stats if we wanted to, so in the future don't feel the need to provide them. Our defense shut down Elon as well, but I think we realize any stats we could give you from that game would be pretty meaningless.

Would it make you feel better if I tell you all of the things I like about Wake?

I'll do it anyway.

1. Staff. Good young staff, talented recruiters and Clawson obviously understand offense.
2. Academics. Wake is a prestigious university nationally and recruits kids who care about their education.
3. Wolford. Kid is a talented young slinger who will be a very good four year starter for you guys.
4. Stadium. I had the pleasure of being at the game last year, and although the crowd was small. I love your stadium. It may be small, but it's intimate and still gets loud because the crowd is right on top of the field. Also the weather was beautiful on gameday.
5. Campus. Very nice campus, with that old college feel.

Would it make you feel better if I tell you all of the things I like about Wake?

I'll do it anyway.

1. Staff. Good young staff, talented recruiters and Clawson obviously understand offense.
2. Academics. Wake is a prestigious university nationally and recruits kids who care about their education.
3. Wolford. Kid is a talented young slinger who will be a very good four year starter for you guys.
4. Stadium. I had the pleasure of being at the game last year, and although the crowd was small. I love your stadium. It may be small, but it's intimate and still gets loud because the crowd is right on top of the field. Also the weather was beautiful on gameday.
5. Campus. Very nice campus, with that old college feel.

Honestly could care less. Good luck Saturday, it's a game you guys have to get to have a good year. Same for us.

I was posting some nuggets from our game for those that may be interested. Since, you know, the thread is about Syracuse. I didn't start the thread, I was trying to add to it.

Townie drives off prolific posters but offers up full accommodation to outside posters that want to pretend their shitty team is all world.

So much repressed anger on this board. Jeeze, you'd think we blew you out last year or something. Oh, wait...

I was posting some nuggets from our game for those that may be interested. Since, you know, the thread is about Syracuse. I didn't start the thread, I was trying to add to it.

Well, I know who I'm messaging for all my Syracuse football stats this season after Saturday. Don't be alarmed though if you never get one though.

So much repressed anger on this board. Jeeze, you'd think we blew you out last year or something. Oh, wait...

Nice, I don't blame you for taking your ONE opportunity this year to get that in before an ACC game this season.

I wouldn't let a couple idiots scare you away here. Good luck this weekend. Looking forward to a good game.

Same to you. I'll be back. I actually don't have any problems with Wake (other than some posters apparently). I wish you guys nothing but the best, except when we play each other.

Same to you. I'll be back. I actually don't have any problems with Wake (other than some posters apparently). I wish you guys nothing but the best, except when we play each other.

Townie/Orange :circlejerk:

lol y'all are ridiculous (and yet not idiots like liveanddie/shorty)

liveandide is SALTY this morning.

The Orange front-7 dominated the shittiest FCS team, the Deacs o-line struggled at times against the second shittiest FCS team. This won't be pretty.

Nice, I don't blame you for taking your ONE opportunity this year to get that in before an ACC game this season.

Listen man, I'm just trying to have some fun. If you guys win on Saturday, I'll come back and let you pile it on. Fair?

Back